PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades to the Mrs

Jamest5r
Monday 21st September 2009, 17:36
Well as some of you will know my mrs has a volvo and is a bit of a speed freak!!! Her car has never featured on here so after her competing at both york and avon rwyb she is even more addicted(not a bad thing) so i thought it should be on here, however even after kicking my arse 6 out of 8 times she was not happy with her car being stock apart from a rica 304 and knackered k&n. So after browsing around i have managed to find some decent volans with bridgestones back/pirrelli front and koni fsd shocks and eibech springs + k&n all for under £270. After a long saturday sweating my nuts off and passing its mot today no problems im happy.

All i need now is a 16t and cat back exhaust and she might give me a bit of peace!!!

This car ran 14.604 as stock(rica 304) got too be faster now.

Spec now: Rica 304. k&n panal filter, koni fsd shocks with eibech springs, original reverse i/c, refurbed volans decent rubber, v70 rear lights

sen
Monday 21st September 2009, 17:41
Great stuff that looks much nicer james those wheels look alot tidier then the others. Bet she is made up. A bigger woooping for you now lol. Ive done a few little mods to mine this weekend.

danny-R
Monday 21st September 2009, 17:50
wooaah take it easy james before you know it she'll be leaving you for dust.
a tiny little spec on the horizon :)

sen
Monday 21st September 2009, 17:52

She already does :saythat:

Jamest5r
Monday 21st September 2009, 17:57

That car is already 0.5sec quicker than mine over the 1/4 mile, it used to be mine had it for over 6yrs so its been looked after only got 118000 on the clock, i saw my t5r for sale by chance and moved on but could not let go of it!! Got a 16t coming for mine this week:smile:

danny-R
Monday 21st September 2009, 17:59
lmao on a serious note, looks nice but i'd paint the grill black

Jamest5r
Monday 21st September 2009, 18:00
She already does :saythat:

And if you want to see it go to utube "shakespeare raceway" justin's nephew kindly videoed one of our races:comp:

sen
Monday 21st September 2009, 18:01
Great stuff

Jamest5r
Monday 21st September 2009, 18:01
lmao on a serious note, looks nice but i'd paint the grill black

She likes the sleeper look:hail:

danny-R
Monday 21st September 2009, 18:03
do you need a re-map for a 16t? i've managed to get mine booked in at hlm next tuesday for mine, cant wait. i must say i'm more than happy with the price :)

Jamest5r
Monday 21st September 2009, 18:10
Great stuff

have you seen "850 york raceway" ?? its us doing the 1/4 mile burnout:B_thumb:

sen
Monday 21st September 2009, 20:32
Just watched it on u tube quality. New tyres sir???

T5 ROB
Monday 21st September 2009, 21:19
Looks really nice mate, whats the ride like with the koni's, the shocks are the only thing left i need to do and been looking at them.

Jamest5r
Monday 21st September 2009, 21:26
To be honest mate they have done 10000 miles that why i got them cheap, but they feel like new, firm up nicely when you put it into a corner and stays flat when pulling hard, but for normal cruising suprisingly comfy

T5 ROB
Monday 21st September 2009, 21:30
Cheers mate, its either fsd or adjustables, will have to see what the budjet say after i eventually get the turbo sorted.

smithy
Monday 21st September 2009, 21:32
Well as some of you will know my mrs has a volvo and is a bit of a speed freak!!! Her car has never featured on here so after her competing at both york and avon rwyb she is even more addicted(not a bad thing) so i thought it should be on here, however even after kicking my arse 6 out of 8 times she was not happy with her car being stock apart from a rica 304 and knackered k&n. So after browsing around i have managed to find some decent volans with bridgestones back/pirrelli front and koni fsd shocks and eibech springs + k&n all for under £270. After a long saturday sweating my nuts off and passing its mot today no problems im happy.

All i need now is a 16t and cat back exhaust and she might give me a bit of peace!!!

This car ran 14.604 as stock(rica 304) got too be faster now.

Spec now: Rica 304. k&n panal filter, koni fsd shocks with eibech springs, original reverse i/c, refurbed volans decent rubber, v70 rear lights
the car looks the nuts now i wonder who got them volons done in that colour lol

Ed.
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 00:19
Looking very nice and tidy. Gayle's car is pretty damn quick for an auto. I'm running remap, catback, panel filter and sports cat on my auto and i'm still slower on the 1/4 mile. Hers should be even quicker now! Street sleepers ftw ;)

Ed

PaulZX
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 01:17
I'm gonna trust you not to let your missus beat my time... it's a burden, but I have faith in you..... :D

Porcine_Aviator
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 10:06

She already is :bow_kneel

callyuk
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 19:24
do you need a re-map for a 16t? i've managed to get mine booked in at hlm next tuesday for mine, cant wait. i must say i'm more than happy with the price :)

im running a 16t on mine without a remap with no problems

volvoturboman
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 23:27
Isn't it just nasty when the woman in your life drives a better and faster car than your own lol. Been there once, never again.

Jamest5r
Thursday 24th September 2009, 18:15
Isn't it just nasty when the woman in your life drives a better and faster car than your own lol. Been there once, never again.

Yes mate, but the 16t for mine should be in my greasy mitts by tomorrow :D

And i don't know about better, she only cleans it for racing the rest of the time it's a mess :sinner: