PDA

View Full Version : Now I know my T5 doesn't like the Lake District !

nobananas
Saturday 19th September 2009, 15:22
As some of you may know my T5 doesn't seem to like going on holiday. It's suffered a seized brake caliper on the way up that required a grass verge strip down. The next trip it blew a turbo pipe on the way home and earlier this year it died completely in Keswick Campsite prompting much worry and anguish as well as several hours in an internet cafe picking the brains of members on here until finally some rotten wiring was traced. I'm due to go away again on Thursday so obviously the timing was just right for the N/S front wheel bearing to start roaring it's boots off towards the end of last week. No probs I thought I've got a spare which then turned out to have finer splines where the driveshaft connects. New bearing ordered and problem solved except whilst there I noticed that the bottom balljoint has also got play in it !. So anybody who's got a good passenger side wishbone (a genuine one though please) with a good balljoint (not fussed about the state of the bushes) please Pm me as I need one mucho quicko !
(this is also in wanted, sorry mods am quite desperate !)

Tomcat
Saturday 19th September 2009, 17:40
Lol, oh dear, what has your car got against the Lakes??..lol..

Alan M
Saturday 19th September 2009, 19:28
Now you have a good excuse to find another NB.

Jamest5r
Saturday 19th September 2009, 19:58
Call Nads mate he's probably got one lying around

nobananas
Saturday 19th September 2009, 22:17
Now you have a good excuse to find another NB.

Been looking everyday but nowt's turning up that I like ! (except TC's but that's a bit too decent a motor for me !)

nobananas
Saturday 19th September 2009, 22:26
Call Nads mate he's probably got one lying around

Don't know how to get hold off him, anyone know ?

Tomcat
Saturday 19th September 2009, 23:58
07961505315.....Apparently...

Jamest5r
Sunday 20th September 2009, 15:44
07961505315.....Apparently...

Thats the number but it's eid today(end of ramadan) so he might be a little hard to contact till tomorrow mate

nobananas
Sunday 20th September 2009, 16:59
Thats the number but it's eid today(end of ramadan) so he might be a little hard to contact till tomorrow mate

Ooops, already rung him, had no idea as it's the first time I've spoken to the chap. He's hopefully sorted me out and will get an arm out to me tomorrow. Thing is if I hadn't had to change the wheel bearing I would have been oblivious to the knackered balljoint but now I know it's gone I feel compelled to fix it in case it decides to part company with the rest of the car somewhere far, far away !