PDA

View Full Version : boost leak

DRUE1
Sunday 5th June 2005, 18:30
my exhaust is leaking from between the cat and down pipe when on boost would i get a hissing noise from there bacause i thought on of my boost pipes had a split untill i had taken them all off and checked them all and there all fine so im thinking thats the cause is the exhaust what does everyone think cheers

LeeT5
Sunday 12th June 2005, 01:25
Hi DRUE
Hissing noise you say?? well its not the exhaust m8. they blow!! sounds like a vacuum leak to me..they hiss!!

Whats the idle like? steady or erratic? BTW i take it u own a 440 turbo?
only u r in a 850 forum m8! sry 4 stating the obvious only i noticed no one had replied to u as we all own fire breathing dragons :firedevil :haha: ....not pussy cats!! LOL :) Only joking m8. I had a 440T - good motors if cared for well.

Ross9
Sunday 12th June 2005, 07:35
Any other mods on the engine Drue?

Hissing on boost as was said can also be coming from one of the small vaccum pipes, doesnt necesarily have to be a main boost hose.

Ross

pikeajm
Sunday 12th June 2005, 11:34
my 940 used to sound like a jet engine under boost when the middle box failed

DRUE1
Sunday 12th June 2005, 13:53
all sorted m8y it was the exhaust between the cat and down pipe so i esealed it and no more noise

lee i know its a t5 board i was going to get a 850 t5 but did not have the cash so i went for the 440 turbo so im on the volvo ladder and most people on here have had the 440 some time in there life cheers for the help lol