PDA

View Full Version : Auto gearchanges

Major Frank Squiff
Friday 18th September 2009, 14:54
Could somebody please put my mind at rest about the smoothness of automatic gearchanges. At partial throttle openings the changes are very smooth but on a private test track, in sport mode with my foot flat to the floor, the change between 3rd to 4th is harsh. A bit like just dumping the clutch on a manual. If you lift just ever so slightly before it wants to change it seems OK. My wife tells me I am being paranoid about the car and have been since I got it 2½ years ago! ( Its a 96my 855 t5)

Niles
Friday 18th September 2009, 15:02
my 850 auto duz EXACTLY the same thing!!! Please someone give an answer to this!!!

JelT5
Friday 18th September 2009, 15:07
My V70's box is generally really smooth BUT occasionally throws in a harsh gear change- not sure why this is; probably my driving style :rally_dri
Now you've mentioned it, I'll check out 3rd to 4th over the weekend at WOT and throttle slightly eased back and report back.
Sorry can't be of more help at the mo!

t5_carl
Friday 18th September 2009, 21:04
all them horses its gonna jult a bit!!I quite like the feeling

Johnny5
Saturday 19th September 2009, 05:06
Mine does the same aswell......

flyingbrick
Saturday 19th September 2009, 07:45
Mine does it from first to second when I floor it..

Major Frank Squiff
Saturday 19th September 2009, 08:37
The fact that other people have the same thing happening on their car makes me feel reassured and not as paranoid as I did. The problem I have with the T5 is that after having been driving for 37 years this is the only car I have owned that I still want to just go out for a blast around in despite having had it for over 2½ years. So when I think something is wrong I become a real pain in the a**e for everyone at home.

flyingbrick
Saturday 19th September 2009, 09:24
The fact that other people have the same thing happening on their car makes me feel reassured and not as paranoid as I did. The problem I have with the T5 is that after having been driving for 37 years this is the only car I have owned that I still want to just go out for a blast around in despite having had it for over 2½ years. So when I think something is wrong I become a real pain in the a**e for everyone at home.

Same ere mate......:hilarious

phil_woods
Saturday 19th September 2009, 11:17
my v70p1 has the same quirk mate, I wouldn't be worried mate