PDA

View Full Version : airbag display message

b16paa
Sunday 5th June 2005, 00:00
Hiya all,
I have just had the message "SRS Airbag Service Urgent" appear on the display for no apparent reason, has anyone experienced anything similar, if so, is it a costly remedy via dealers only?
would really appreaciate any help and direction...
cheers
b16paa

vt5
Sunday 5th June 2005, 21:51
Get it checked out. regardless of cost - it'll cost you more in an accident if you need the airbag and it doesnt deploy - god forbid.

Could be something of nothing....have you taken the steering wheel off recently? this can sometimes make this happen so ive been told.

Andrew
Sunday 5th June 2005, 22:26
I had a similar thing on my Mini Cooper and they had to replace the wiring loom which went under my chair.

rs_andy
Sunday 5th June 2005, 22:39
Get it checked out. regardless of cost - it'll cost you more in an accident if you need the airbag and it doesnt deploy - god forbid.
yeah, or if it goes off while you're driving along! oops

p fandango
Sunday 5th June 2005, 22:47
yeah, or if it goes off while you're driving along! oops
think once a fault has been found the system is disabled so that can't happen

b16paa
Thursday 9th June 2005, 14:38
Thanks a million for your replies

Since i have had the car i have been too cautious to do any DIY on it in case it has a cascading effect unless it is replacing bulbs ;-)

However I contacted the volvo independent garage, "Dean Smith" in Wolverhampton the next day and was advised that it was dealer only issue.

As suggested I took it into Asgard of wolverhampton who diagnosed that both front seat buckles need replacing.

The main reason for posting the query initially was to simply confirm if i had done something unintentionally to have caused the problem in the first place, and i certainly do agree money spent now could safe more than money later.

hamish maglumshy
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 18:38
hi, i have just removed the centre consol to replace with a different one. 'the one with the heater controls on' and now i have the same light on!!

i think i should have disconnected the battery first. cars due for an mot soon and have been told that airbag warning lights will fail on an mot??#!

HHHEEELLLPPP...............

Al115
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 19:32
Yep, you caused it as you suspected :( sorry.

Dealer time.