PDA

View Full Version : dash warning light

skirmish998
Saturday 12th September 2009, 21:53
can anyone tell me what the red warning light that looks a little like this .... (i) means?? I don't have the original manual and haynes doesn't cover it. I'm guessing it a fluid level thing as its only coming on under acceleration. I have been under the bonnet but eveything seems ok... a little help if you don't mind please

Jamest5r
Saturday 12th September 2009, 21:56
Without seeing it i would have a guess your water level is low mate.

skirmish998
Saturday 12th September 2009, 21:57
its the red one with an '!' in a read circle in side some brackets

Jamest5r
Saturday 12th September 2009, 22:00
Brake fluid

skirmish998
Saturday 12th September 2009, 22:02
odd its above the min line.... and was filled to just below the max line... maybe i had some air in the line as i haven't noticed any fluid leaks.. thanks I'll check out tomorrow

AlanG
Saturday 12th September 2009, 22:20
Defo low brake fluid warning light. If there was air in the systam,you'd know about it buddy....trust me. You say it's at the minimum. I'd first check what's left on your pads as the level will drop as they wear. Either way the fluid is low so when you acc/dec the sensor will probably throw up the dash light..HTH.

Cubes
Saturday 12th September 2009, 22:23
Most, if not all, Volvo's operate with a dual circuit braking system, each one controlling both fronts and one of the rears. If you are happy with the fluid then it might be that one of these may be faulty

cookie
Saturday 12th September 2009, 22:23
unscrew the brake fluid cap, and check the float on it can move freely

Tomcat
Saturday 12th September 2009, 22:40
What year car do you have?, the earlier T5's have a common problem with the ABS controller, they can leak a little brake fluid over time, only on the 95 and prior cars..

Bob France
Saturday 12th September 2009, 23:30
On my old T5 I had this problem and ditto cookie could be the float getting stuck,was on mine!!

skirmish998
Monday 14th September 2009, 02:38
awesome. thanks guys. unffortunately slept far too long today to have a look. ruddy night shifts!! will do monday and maybe just fit the goodridge hoses and bleed the whole system and renew with fresh...