PDA

View Full Version : Struts on there way out???

850 t5 vs 600cc
Saturday 12th September 2009, 15:25
I've replaced just about everything on the front of the car which is connected to the suspension and its still clonking. I have changed the wishbones, drop links, springs, CV joints, brake disc's & pads, checked and re-tightened all the bolts and its still clonking when driving over bumps, stop, start driving and turning. I had a look at the struts and one has a little grease/oil on the top when its jacked up and the other seems to be ok with no movement. I've looked at the anti-roll bar and it has no movement on it and was very light when the wishbones and drop links were fitted.

So, what do you think i should do now?

cameron
Saturday 12th September 2009, 15:49
Have you tried the top mounts dave :confused:

I need mine doing as ive just replaced the wishbones for nordic ones and now everything at the bottom is tight as a ducks proverbial, the bloody top is rattling and groaning :grumpy:

850 t5 vs 600cc
Saturday 12th September 2009, 15:52
Yes the top mounts have been done, forgot about that.

cameron
Saturday 12th September 2009, 16:00
Where did you get them from dave, i need mine doing as i said before :grumpy:

Were they expensive, ive seen some nordic ones for about £160 all in for the 4 mounts ( 2 x lower and 2 x upper ) good price, anybody know about quality of nordic parts :confused:

850 t5 vs 600cc
Saturday 12th September 2009, 16:09
Got them from CAS, but i can't remember how much but so far so good, seem top quality as well.

http://www.central-auto.co.uk/