PDA

View Full Version : Expansion tank cap question ?.

Shortbusdriver1969
Thursday 10th September 2009, 18:49
As I have fitted a new radiator I am told that the factory fitted grey expansion tank cap can cause problems and I should get a green one,
is this a fact or just another myth ?
many thanks
:-)

walter leever
Thursday 10th September 2009, 20:17
This is a fact.(green ones are better):funkybana

sen
Thursday 10th September 2009, 21:56
Good question. If the grey ones are no good, why and where do we get the green ones from??? Thanks

Redbrick
Thursday 10th September 2009, 22:51
Good question. If the grey ones are no good, why and where do we get the green ones from??? Thanks

Your local Volvo parts dept. Grey ones are guaranteed to split at 6pm on Friday before a Bank Holiday weekend.

Dangerous Dave
Friday 11th September 2009, 00:31
PFV do them as well

RollingThunder
Friday 11th September 2009, 07:06
I have a used one if anyone wants it - I replaced the expansion tank & cap as a preventative measure when I bought the car. PM me if you want it ;) BTW They're about £12-15 from FRF, not sure about the full retail price.

Rufe
Friday 11th September 2009, 10:36
if pfv are selling genuine parts then it will be cheaper from me as they sell genuine parts at full retail price. The grey caps have been replaced by the green caps, and the green caps are better. i wouldn't panic over it in all honesty, but when replacing one you need to be aware that the new one will be green not grey.

Simon

RollingThunder
Friday 11th September 2009, 12:44
I have a used one if anyone wants it - I replaced the expansion tank & cap as a preventative measure when I bought the car. PM me if you want it ;) BTW They're about £12-15 from FRF, not sure about the full retail price.

Provisionally sold (sorry to hijack the thread).

Porcine_Aviator
Friday 11th September 2009, 12:55
Don't use the word Hijack I knew someone who did and now they're in a cage in Guantanamo Bay Butlins:nono:

Shortbusdriver1969
Friday 11th September 2009, 17:52
Don't use the word Hijack I knew someone who did and now they're in a cage in Guantanamo Bay Butlins:nono:

PSML yeah what with Mi5 watching all 'key' words like cemtex or TnT and
curry & chips with anthrax and all that LoL
never mention Hijack LoL

Shortbusdriver1969
Friday 11th September 2009, 17:53
I think they are about £6-7 from PVS = PnP @ £3 so your talking about a tenner all in :-)
thanks for all your advice I'll be investing in one soon just to keep a lid on it
( if you know what I mean LoL ;-).. )

RollingThunder
Saturday 12th September 2009, 08:41

But those orange suits are really cool don't you think? :D:D:D

Shortbusdriver1969
Saturday 12th September 2009, 17:23
But those orange suits are really cool don't you think? :D:D:D

yeah be great to have one, when working on the 850 ;-)