PDA

View Full Version : Perfo query 15" - I never knew that.

Flatout Phil
Wednesday 9th September 2009, 17:15
Well, have been trolling around on 16" Perfo's for a couple of years, spotted some more on Ebay and thought, at the price, for a set of decent ones, it was cheaper than a refurb at £60. They turned up today, and they are really nice, five stud Perfo-IDENTICAL alloys BUT THEY ARE 15" actually 15"x5.5!!! Can't see a Volvo stamp so wonder if they are Volvo manufacture at all? Actually not bothered, I can use them as a spare set with COMFORT FATMAN tyres or sell them on. But never knew they came in 15". They are 100% Perfo in look, but just 15"! I know there will be 20 people here who knew they did, but I never did.
:redface:

Alan M
Wednesday 9th September 2009, 17:48
Euro car parts used to sell perfo reps a few years back and I actually bought a set of 16s for a friend for the princely sum of £165 delivered when they were end of line stock.

Vikingxl
Wednesday 9th September 2009, 18:08
Perhaps they are off noddys car???

Flatout Phil
Wednesday 9th September 2009, 18:10
Perhaps they are off noddys car???

Either that or they dropped off the back of Big Ears lorry - I'm off to see Mr Plod...

Flatout Phil
Wednesday 9th September 2009, 18:16
Euro car parts used to sell perfo reps a few years back and I actually bought a set of 16s for a friend for the princely sum of £165 delivered when they were end of line stock.

Comparing them to my 16" set, they are an incredibly convincing replica - if that is what they are. On the up side, I could stick on a set of winter tyres - although I may just stick them thru the dishwasher and sell them on - they are in very good condition with no kerbing as such. I'll just wait 'til wife is out.

Assume they may fit other vehicles - so if anyone has any suggestions on that, let me know!

cherry1809
Wednesday 9th September 2009, 19:25
Before you get too excited, I don't think 15's will fit over your brakes :)

Flatout Phil
Wednesday 9th September 2009, 19:44
Before you get too excited, I don't think 15's will fit over your brakes :)

I thought that might be the case - although I might stick a rim on the T5 just to see for when I sell them on.
A shame really. Still, I'm sure i'll make the money back.

Rufe
Thursday 10th September 2009, 09:36
there are no listings for 15" perfo, so these are not genuine.

Flatout Phil
Thursday 10th September 2009, 12:07
there are no listings for 15" perfo, so these are not genuine.

Ho hum. Thanks for filling me in on that one Simon. You win some, you lose some. Still, I'm sure somebody will want them for something Volvoish. C'est la vie.