PDA

View Full Version : wheel bolt size

scooter
Monday 7th September 2009, 21:52
does anybody no the wheel bolt size for the v70 t5 01 car

and i went to fit my wheels the other day but when i took of the original wheels to fit new ones on the front there is small bolt 10mm head that goes in to the disc to hold it on meaning that my wheels would not fit flus plus the bolts for holding on the wheel 19mm head seemed very big for the holes of the wheels itself you could not fit a socket in to tighten the bolts any advice
is the 10mm bolt suppose to be like that or has someone lost the original safety device and stuck the 10mm in it's place

thebadger
Monday 7th September 2009, 23:09
10mm bolt is to pin the disc in place.

Bolts standard on P2 models (V70/S60/S80) is 14mm X 1.5mm (usually about 33mm long thread)

P1's (S/V/C70's) used a 12.5mm X 1.5mm bolt of about the same length.

The alloys you have will be wrong for the car.

Should be a 108x5 with a hub @ 64.5mm

Dare I ask if they were ebay specials?

They usually quote the wrong size alloy for the car. The bolt holes on the genuine alloys are suited to the 14mm bolts (older alloys too!) which means that any genuine alloy will fit any car with the right PCD (108x5).

scooter
Monday 7th September 2009, 23:26
no diffently not ebay specials they where fitted to my merc 5 stud 2 different stud patterns i got spigot rings but the volvo wheel nuts won't fit i have found out i will need tuner bolts i have contacted bk racing the designers of the wheel about them doing the right bolts but i am going to check the pcd tomorrow to make sure

thebadger
Monday 7th September 2009, 23:34
The size should be stamped in the back of the wheel.

The bolt holes may just be too small, but drilling them out or getting tuner bolts may not be worth the hassle.

What J rating are they? 8J or more & they will rub like mad.