PDA

View Full Version : Flatout Phil - cheers mate :)

Rhys
Sunday 6th September 2009, 19:29
From this thread.. (http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24337)

Picked up the wheels from Harrogate this afternoon after buying them on the 'buy it now' on fleabay.

4 Columba alloys with tyres on.

2 had pretty much new Avon ZV3's on which will be put on the front of my car (back has similar on already)
1 had a part worn Avon ZV3 on which has been put in the boot as a spare.
1 had an 'Infinity' fairly new tyre on but it's a directional pattern so no good as a spare but handy to have just in case.

In my garage is the old spare which is an Avon ZV3 which is nearly new but has been plugged from a puncture I guess but doesn't hold pressure. Dunno whether to get it fixed.

Story goes that a lad made an offer on these tyres so he agreed to put them on fleabay on a 'buy it now'. Apparently he dithered a bit and in the meantime, thanks to Phil I snatched them up.. http://www.bavarian-board.co.uk/smileys/beerchug.gif

Anyway, it doesn't end there........

Turns out the chap who sold the tyres is into Suzuki 4x4's and had a couple of Jimny's - just happened to mention we had a Vitara 4U2 soft top for sale which had been stood for over a year. He followed us back to York, had a look at it and bought it as it stood.. :B_thumb:

Hadn't been started in over year, he connected jump leads to it and it fired up first time. He has an Iveco car transporter truck so picking it up is no problem.

Serendipity is such a lovely word :smile:

Flatout Phil
Sunday 6th September 2009, 19:57
What a great story! I'm chuffed it worked out for you. Got myself some nice Perfos the other day, it is great to get a bargain. Anyhow, I will keep posting up any tasty morsels I see (and Ebay bargains too, nyuk, nyuk) so everyone gets a chance at an interesting buy. I think there is an increase in the amount of T5 stuff at the moment - the newest 850 is now 12 years old. But watch out, in two years time it will get scarce indeed.
Enjoy the wheels!

Meanwhile, I'm hoping the ABS (with TRACS) fairy will sprinkle magic dust on the ECU overnight and make it all better...