PDA

View Full Version : Abs arggggggggggh!!!

Flatout Phil
Sunday 6th September 2009, 14:45
So after telling others how to get their ABS units fixed, looks like I am back there AGAIN - this time on the R. Have an ABS without TRACS unit spare, but as the R has TRACS assume this will not act as a temporary whilst I get the other sorted.
This is on the assumption that it is nothing else, but having seen the light issue before, I have every confidence it is a dry joint - even if it isn't, it is the easiest thing to check. Failed an MOT one year on T5 with an ABS light that came on during test. They diagnosed it as a rear right sensor. I was so fed up I had them replace rear sensors (£300 - stiffed there methinks), car got MOT and then with a day, it was back on again. Discovered later that an indication of apparent rear wheel sensor failure is a characteristic of ECU faults.

All I can say is feck and bollards.
:cussing:

cherry1809
Sunday 6th September 2009, 17:02
£300 for a set of rear sensors? Thats the trouble, Fronts are easy as they're seperate, Rears aren't.
I got mine from the breakers (Cut from a V70) then just spliced in the 1 sensor with a choccy block, Been fine ever since.

Flatout Phil
Sunday 6th September 2009, 17:32
£300 for a set of rear sensors? Thats the trouble, Fronts are easy as they're seperate, Rears aren't.
I got mine from the breakers (Cut from a V70) then just spliced in the 1 sensor with a choccy block, Been fine ever since.

Well, if I knew then and all that - but I didn't! One is over a barrel in these situations - and actually my MOT people are very straight dealers: but they charge accordingly. Still, would rather have the car properly checked than have a dodgy ticket on a dangerous motor.