PDA

View Full Version : Upper Poly Mount

Cubes
Saturday 5th September 2009, 14:05
Hi folks.

I've just received a new upper poly mount from PFV and was just wondering if I have the correct one. It says on the label that it's for the S60. Are they the same?

Please help!!!

Shortbusdriver1969
Saturday 5th September 2009, 14:49
What colour is it ? 850's are blue and S60 are yellow on PVS web site :-)

gazbak1
Saturday 5th September 2009, 15:30
it depends on what year and what engine mount is fitted on you car if it looks like this then the yellow s60 one is correct if not then you need one for 850.

HTH
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1/gazbak1/vpcuk/volvotopmount.jpg

Cubes
Saturday 5th September 2009, 17:08
It is the yellow one. I've been busy in the garden this afty while the weather is, well, decent (!) so haven't had chance to investigate yet. I will have a look later or tomorrow. Thanks chaps.

Cubes
Monday 7th September 2009, 11:59
Looks like I have the correct one. Thanks for the pic gazbak.

HADI
Monday 7th September 2009, 12:50
I remember changing one on my old S70R one side went in no probs the other was a bugger to stay in kept sliding out by itself, used a clamp in the end to get it, then you get the rumble through the bulkhead when driving :eclipsee_

wright_t5
Monday 7th September 2009, 13:41
What options are available for the upper top engine mount for the V70 phase 2 ????

Rufe
Monday 7th September 2009, 16:48
What options are available for the upper top engine mount for the V70 phase 2 ????
I can only offer a replacement genuine one, but with discount of course. Heres the price, if only even as a comparison.

Top Engine Mount: [30680770]
Retail Price £43.24 / Our Price £31.57

Postage:
£5.20 Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded Delivery

Simon :)

Cubes
Monday 7th September 2009, 20:30
YAY!!

Finally got it done! Only took about 30 mins - easier than I thought. Makes a nice, but subtle, difference to the engine note. The most noticeable difference is the reverb through to the steering wheel. That'll take a bit of getting used to! Pleased with the end result though.

I even managed to get it done without loosening the nut at the bulkhead end of the mount. Little bugger wouldn't budge.

gazbak1
Monday 7th September 2009, 21:43
the vibration through the steering wheel should settle down. it did on my car after a few miles and now feels like it did before i fitted it.