PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Fitted

Shortbusdriver1969
Saturday 5th September 2009, 13:33
After many months of putting off repair the Rad, I finally bought a new radiator for my 850. (partsforvolvoonline)
Getting the old rad out was a bit of a faff, as the mounting's on the car broke off and the bolts just turned round freely. Any way I cut them off and fitted new 'Bolts and Nuts'
It is quite a simple job with not many tools needed.
Hex Keys, short extention 12mm socket. 10mm socket screw drivers Bladed.
and a iccle hack saw.
All seems to be going well now its fitted and has coolant re-filled.

p fandango
Saturday 5th September 2009, 14:51
After many months of putting off repair the Rad, I finally bought a new radiator for my 850. (partsforvolvoonline)
Getting the old rad out was a bit of a faff, as the mounting's on the car broke off and the bolts just turned round freely. Any way I cut them off and fitted new 'Bolts and Nuts'
It is quite a simple job with not many tools needed.
Hex Keys, short extention 12mm socket. 10mm socket screw drivers Bladed.
and a iccle hack saw.
All seems to be going well now its fitted and has coolant re-filled.
i had to do exactly the same, the fittings just span with it. As you say a nut, bolt & a couple of washers soon sorted it

i reused the old oil cooler pipe clips & it did weaken them, lasted about 2 years but eventually one of the pipes came off & spilt all its oil over Maplins car park lol. Luckily i'd just turned the engine off or it wouldn't of been happy, just something to keep an eye on

Shortbusdriver1969
Sunday 6th September 2009, 17:43
I dont have the oil pipes just coolant, only prbs I had with the clips was they were rusted on, so I just cut them off.

Next project is cam belt and lowering, I have no idea when the cam belt was last done so I am playing it safe :-)

Rufe
Monday 7th September 2009, 16:42
without having full information to hand about your car i just had a look and can see parts for volvos seem to be selling scan tech radiators at a lot more than genuine radiators?

£108.00 all in delivered from FRF, the 850 ones on there seem to be around £40 more (full retail at any dealer would have been about £122).

Sorry to bring it up but i think people should know this. If you paid a lot less than £108.00 then i apologise for mentioning it.

Simon

orse
Monday 7th September 2009, 19:22
Hi sorry to hijack your thread but rufe is it possible to inform me of what a radiator and heater matrix for a 97 850 R manual would set me back pls.Thanks in advance

Shortbusdriver1969
Thursday 10th September 2009, 18:53
Rufe yeah it was about £108 :-)

Rufe
Friday 11th September 2009, 10:39
fair enough then, just when i looked at their site their prices were all a lot higher than what the genuine ones cost from here.

Shortbusdriver1969
Friday 11th September 2009, 17:48
I'll rememeber that next time Rufe, I always thought PVS were quite good on prices :-)