PDA

View Full Version : Thankful my seats are leather

cameron
Friday 4th September 2009, 01:28
Something wrong with my drivers door :grumpy:

Closed the door tonight, the bar that holds the door open has never held it open so im used to that but i was driving along and there was an almighty thud inside the door ( Nearly crapped myself :bog: ) as though something popped ( not my ass ), also my window was really slow to come back up as though jammed by something.

Gave the door a bang when i closed it again after checking the outside ( thought i hit something :doh: ) and the window was working as usual :confused:

Any ideas guys before i start stripping the door down ?

Tomcat
Friday 4th September 2009, 05:49
Could well be that the spring in your door check strap has snapped off, happened to mine a little while back. Easy to replace and not expensive..

Vikingxl
Friday 4th September 2009, 09:36
Yeah the check strap is quite a common fault so worth a look before you strat pulling the door apart

micky104
Friday 4th September 2009, 18:01
sounds like the window runner happened to me

jez.w
Friday 4th September 2009, 18:16
Could be check strap, but dont buy a scamtec one as it broke the first time i opened and shut the door, (utter rubish). Get a real one from Rufe.

Dangerous Dave
Friday 4th September 2009, 18:31
Braydons Volvo in london are doin scamtech check straps for £15, but like jez says, guess they break easily

p fandango
Friday 4th September 2009, 18:46
sounds like the window runner happened to me
i had a piece of window runner break as well, i didn't know about it until i took the door card off & there was a twisted piece of metal sat in the bottom

cameron
Friday 4th September 2009, 18:47
Cheers guys i'll whip the panel off tomorow and have a butchers :D

micky104
Friday 4th September 2009, 20:32
wind your window fully then close the door if the glass rattles then its the runner mines been like it for over a year