PDA

View Full Version : need a 7 seater conversion asap

scripter
Wednesday 2nd September 2009, 21:01
need a 7 seat conversion kit asap for 850 t5 would like some offers and prices asap as should hopefully have the audi sold by the weekeend

Rhys
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 00:02
Have a look on fleabay - there are several on there.

cameron
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 00:23
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLVO-V70-7-seater-conversion-seats_W0QQitemZ270450462468QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_C arsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3ef81a8f04&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

siamblue
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 00:44
I am afraid i only have the Beige one at the moment,

Gary

scripter
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 13:24
well i have half leather interior black but anything will do for a conversion has anyone here got any going cheap the ones on ebay are stupid prices 1 person starting at 265 quid lol ive heard these make about 100-150 so if anyone got any even if they beige i aint bothered as can try later to get black ones from local scrappy but need seat belts and everything first then look for black after that

here a pic of my car when i get it tonite i will post some pics up

cameron
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 13:52
The link above has one starting at £60 :doh:

It might say V70 but its a Phase 1 V70 which has the same boot ( basically the same car ) as th 850, i have the exact same set in mine.

And its grey like yours :D

scripter
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 15:27
yeh the only problem is its a very long away from me im in portsmouth and there in yorkshire and its collection only if i could get something a little closer then it would be great

cameron
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 16:42
You could always arrange a courier for about £15 :D

Or see if there is anyone from here heading down your way, or maybe someone from your end going to any meets up north soon ?

Just a thought buddy, but that is cheap for a set of those.

cameron
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 18:25
The seller who is called Julie says she is willing to wrap them up in heavy duty plastic wrapping to protect them for a courier.

I should be on commission me :D

scripter
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 21:57
ah thanks for asking mate,been out just picked the volvo up now the bloke says that he thinks its running about 300 bhp its had an induction kit on with bleed valve for turbo but seems to kick in overboost about 100mph the problem im having at the mo is there is no ££££in traction and nearly crashed it on the way back i came off a roundabout and went to put my foot down a bit came up in boost and spun in 2nd powerslideing the front towards the central reservation dont know if to turn boost down or fit guage first and see what its running or fit some bigger fatter wheels on it also theres a small problem when i turn on the heaters they blow steam out like it could have a hole in heater matrix but bloke i got from says its the water thats collected behind the bonnet and thinks theres a drain plug gone can anyone shed any light on this

cameron
Friday 4th September 2009, 01:01
Deffo sounds like a matrix problem buddy :(

Wheel spin is usual, my auto does it if i floor it at 30mph in sports mode in the dry, 50 in the wet :yikes:

Get the car RR'D before doing anything to it, maybe a chunkier set of wheels maybe 17's :B_thumb:

scripter
Friday 4th September 2009, 08:23
yeh thats wot i was thinking does anyone know if audi wheels fit and also going to wind boost down a bit as its raining today and will have no hope otherwise lol

LAMS7754
Friday 4th September 2009, 10:00
i have a 7 seat conversion in black if your interested, i am in Banbury, oxfordshire

Flatout Phil
Friday 4th September 2009, 11:09
ah thanks for asking mate,been out just picked the volvo up now the bloke says that he thinks its running about 300 bhp its had an induction kit on with bleed valve for turbo but seems to kick in overboost about 100mph the problem im having at the mo is there is no ££££in traction and nearly crashed it on the way back i came off a roundabout and went to put my foot down a bit came up in boost and spun in 2nd powerslideing the front towards the central reservation dont know if to turn boost down or fit guage first and see what its running or fit some bigger fatter wheels on it also theres a small problem when i turn on the heaters they blow steam out like it could have a hole in heater matrix but bloke i got from says its the water thats collected behind the bonnet and thinks theres a drain plug gone can anyone shed any light on this

It may sound obvious, but T5 and R MUST have even and correct tyre pressures (all round) but at the rear in particular, or you will get awful wheelspin - and the same applies to your shockers to. Nothing like a saggy Nivomat to give a motor the collywobbles. If your rear right is flat, your front left will spin and vice versa.
Sounds like a new heater matrix needed too - gloom. Sometimes on humid hot days, very cold aircon can blow what looks like steam for a few moments - but doubt if that is a problem any of us are likely to encounter right now.
And don't want to put a downer on this, but take it to a rolling road to check that output.

Johnny5
Friday 4th September 2009, 11:33
well i have half leather interior black but anything will do for a conversion has anyone here got any going cheap the ones on ebay are stupid prices 1 person starting at 265 quid lol ive heard these make about 100-150 so if anyone got any even if they beige i aint bothered as can try later to get black ones from local scrappy but need seat belts and everything first then look for black after that

here a pic of my car when i get it tonite i will post some pics up

I saw this motor on e-bay! Messaged the guy who was selling it bout being "RARE" in this colour??????? Not sure where he got that info from? Mines that colour volvo 418 (Turbo red) lol.... Anyway hope you enjoy the car! J

scripter
Friday 4th September 2009, 18:19
1st reply to lams7754 how much do you want for the rears seats have you got seat belts and everything needed to fit

2nd reply to flatoutphil i turned the boost down today a little as it overboosted when at high speeds also noticed on the actuator hose where the bleed nipple is that the pipe had a split init and also that the bits that screw in on the boost controler where the pipes pushes on had come a little loose so solved that

then the heater matrix i have sorted for now as a bit short of cash as need to raise cash for tax my mate said get some kseal if it wasnt too bad so bought a bottle chucked it in now i am no longer in a sauna when i put heating on as i say at the mo its ok if it comes back steaming again then i will replace when funds are better also when funds are better will rolling road it too.
off to thorney island next week my mates got a skyline gts and wants to have some fun on drag so gonna go and see what kind of quarter of a mile i can get and have some fun against his skyline hehe.

to johnny5 dunno where he got the rare from myself as ive seen loads the bloke was devastated that i won for 600 quid and seem disapointed to see it go but i would have felt the same as its a lovely motor and had a little play on the slip road today with a jaguar s-type r did get beat by a little bit but not a huge amount but felt guted as felt like a slow car again but then when i checked the specs on the jag i found out they are 4.0 litre v8 supercharged and also have 390bhp so that made me feel better.

whats the best line of action for lowering the car shall i buy aftermarket springs or go for something like the t5r springs to lower a little and whats the best size wheels to replace mine with as thinking bigger and fatter may help on the wheelspin matter too