PDA

View Full Version : rica chips whats the story

flying brick
Wednesday 2nd September 2009, 20:25
thinking of getting one for my 850 t5 the car has done 144.ooo miles is this still ok to chip at this milage ,my 2 pals chipped there imprezas and within 2 months both needed new bottom ends could this happen to my car.is it ok with standard clutch and gearbox.both my pals cars running 420bhp at wheels some buzz to drive

bornagain
Wednesday 2nd September 2009, 20:27
My Saab I had remapped with BSR at 144k was still pulling strong 16k later. As long as everything is running fine I sure everything will be hunky dorey!

Your pals probably went a little far. :)

lance
Wednesday 2nd September 2009, 20:28
thinking of getting one for my 850 t5 the car has done 144.ooo miles is this still ok to chip at this milage ,my 2 pals chipped there imprezas and within 2 months both needed new bottom ends could this happen to my car.is it ok with standard clutch and gearbox.both my pals cars running 420bhp at wheels some buzz to drive

You will be fine, expect in the real world around 270 BHP and 400 NM with the chip, you wont be disapointed you need to be around 350 BHP to do any damage!

AndysR
Wednesday 2nd September 2009, 20:39
Many cars out there with higher mileages than yours have been remapped/chipped with no adverse affect. Just make sure it is all in good health before you start and if your not sure seek advice from a professional garage with a good reputation first ;)

p fandango
Wednesday 2nd September 2009, 20:44
my D5's got 156k miles on the clock, & once funds allow intend to get it remapped (not sure who by yet)

AlanG
Wednesday 2nd September 2009, 22:15
my D5's got 156k miles on the clock, & once funds allow intend to get it remapped (not sure who by yet)

How about the no cost option Duane? Mr angle grinder..

JelT5
Wednesday 2nd September 2009, 22:29

heh heh I wondered how long that would take to appear; nice one Alan :)

AlanG
Wednesday 2nd September 2009, 22:33
heh heh I wondered how long that would take to appear; nice one Alan :)

:funkybana

p fandango
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 03:16
Mr Angle Grinder unfortunatly passed away yesterday morning. He just couldn't compete with the strength of the Volvo front bumper reinforcement & started making funny noises & smoking alot (sorry to be so graphic about his death). The funeral will be a public & anyone welcome to attend, the burial (to take place in the back garden) will be private tho. He'll be deeply missed, especially about 9am this morning when the tradition of annoying the neighbours is meant to start

JelT5
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 06:35
Mr Angle Grinder unfortunatly passed away yesterday morning. He just couldn't compete with the strength of the Volvo front bumper reinforcement & started making funny noises & smoking alot (sorry to be so graphic about his death). The funeral will be a public & anyone welcome to attend, the burial (to take place in the back garden) will be private tho. He'll be deeply missed, especially about 9am this morning when the tradition of annoying the neighbours is meant to start

Oh no! It's a sad day for us all mate. T5-R murders angle grinder with bumper reinforcement in cold blood. I hope Mr AG didn't suffer too much :sorry:

I'll be wearing a black arm-band in memory of your dearly beloved today as I can't make the funeral. Flowers or donations?

I'll pray for a resurrection ;)

linkin582
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 07:54
my T5 had one fitted at 138 k and is now at 144k and going strong ! you will notice the power difffence stright away !!!

p fandango
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 11:08
Oh no! It's a sad day for us all mate. T5-R murders angle grinder with bumper reinforcement in cold blood. I hope Mr AG didn't suffer too much :sorry:

I'll be wearing a black arm-band in memory of your dearly beloved today as I can't make the funeral. Flowers or donations?

I'll pray for a resurrection ;)
all is not lost mate, altho a sickening thought i returned the remains to the adoption agency (B&Q) & they replaced him with a younger, shinier brother. Between the 2 of them the job is now done. I would put a memoral plaque on the bumper reinforcement in Mr Angle Grinders Seniors memory, but its just too heavy lol

cameron
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 11:17
Get in touch with HLM Bromsgrove matey :B_thumb:

£150 for either th 280 or the 304.

I had my HLM 304 done in Oct last year, best thing i ever did, never had any problems with it the cars done 130k and still pulls like a train.

HLM TUNING OFFERS (http://hlmtuning.co.uk/offers.html)

sen
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 11:56

Ive just had two minutes silence for the old boy RIP Mr.Angle Grinder

p fandango
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 11:59
Ive just had two minutes silence for the old boy RIP Mr.Angle Grinder
thanks much appreciated. The neighbours had an hour silence while i went & got Mr Angle Grinder Junior

i know it seems a bit harsh to carry on his good work before the poor boy is even cold (or stopped smoking in this case), but its what he would of wanted

JelT5
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 14:36
all is not lost mate, altho a sickening thought i returned the remains to the adoption agency (B&Q) & they replaced him with a younger, shinier brother. Between the 2 of them the job is now done. I would put a memoral plaque on the bumper reinforcement in Mr Angle Grinders Seniors memory, but its just too heavy lol

The God of Angle Grinders will smile upon you always mate.

Rest assured that Mr AG senior will be in good company in grinder heaven as I've sent a couple that way myself in the past- hope he likes far eastern gentleman, because my last dead grinder was called Mr Hitachi-110volt ;)
Died, in action, whilst cutting a mini into skip size chunks :biggrin:

JelT5
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 14:37
i know it seems a bit harsh to carry on his good work before the poor boy is even cold (or stopped smoking in this case), but its what he would of wanted

PSML over this bit mate- brilliant!

p fandango
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 15:06
The God of Angle Grinders will smile upon you always mate.
why thank you sir

Rest assured that Mr AG senior will be in good company in grinder heaven as I've sent a couple that way myself in the past- hope he likes far eastern gentleman, because my last dead grinder was called Mr Hitachi-110volt ;)
Died, in action, whilst cutting a mini into skip size chunks :biggrin:
poor Mr Hitachi-11volt, i hope you gave him a vast funeral with the expense & poise such a well respected man deserve. If you'd of just painted the Mini yellow they'd of confused it for the skip anyway lol

AlanG
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 16:57
Was it the smoking that killed him? Condolences mate.......

sen
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 17:07
thanks much appreciated. The neighbours had an hour silence while i went & got mr angle grinder junior

pmsl!!!

p fandango
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 17:25
Was it the smoking that killed him? Condolences mate.......
think it was more chewing on the bumper reinforcement that ended it for the poor fellow, altho i must admit he did like a smoke when it came to certain materials (you can't grind MDF lol)

many thanks

sen
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 17:37
think it was more chewing on the bumper reinforcement that ended it for the poor fellow, altho i must admit he did like a smoke when it came to certain materials (you can't grind MDF lol)

many thanks

How's the new edition settling in??:bounce:

p fandango
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 17:40
How's the new edition settling in??:bounce:
he'd a greedy bugger, eat 3 discs just this morning lol. He did have a bit of a temperature when also working on the reinforcement, but i let him calm down for 10 minutes & carried on just fine then

sen
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 17:43
he'd a greedy bugger, eat 3 discs just this morning lol. He did have a bit of a temperature when also working on the reinforcement, but i let him calm down for 10 minutes & carried on just fine then

Ohh that's good he wont need a story tonight then, if he gets a future temperature give him a bit of fresh air

p fandango
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 17:46
if he gets a future temperature give him a bit of fresh air
i did think about giving him a bath to cool him down, but thought better of it lol

AlanG
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 17:50

many thanks

Sounds like you were close. Tragic but you'll get through this,I find a nice cup of tea and a biscuit helps in these situations. You're not alone mate.

sen
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 17:52
Tunnock's anyone?? lol

p fandango
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 17:54
Sounds like you were close. Tragic but you'll get through this,I find a nice cup of tea and a biscuit helps in these situations. You're not alone mate.
we were very close mate, i've still got my Bakewell tart & 4 bottles of Jacques to help drown my sorrows lol

many thanks

AlanG
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 17:55
Tunnock's anyone?? lol

Today,I shall mostly be eating McVite's Jaffa Cakes. Recommended....

AlanG
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 17:58
we were very close mate, i've still got my Bakewell tart & 4 bottles of Jacques to help drown my sorrows lol

many thanks

Seems you spent a lot of time together. Still you have a new companion now......Concentrate on forging the new bond,it'll ease the pain. And remember.....we're here for you if it all becomes too much.

JelT5
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 18:48
i did think about giving him a bath to cool him down, but thought better of it lol

Remember: only bathe power tools unplugged or things could get ugly ;)

sen
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 18:51
Remember: only bathe power tools unplugged or things could get ugly ;)

Good call

AndysR
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 20:04
RIP Mr AG senior gone but not forgotten, hopefully his death will not be in vain as we must remember

http://stableic.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/smoking-kills.jpg

Long live Mr AG junior and all who get down to the grind with him :)