PDA

View Full Version : Tyres

JelT5
Wednesday 2nd September 2009, 15:05
Getting some new fronts...got Goodyear Eagles on atm but fancy something different, maybe!

Not Toyos!

Anyone tried Vredestein Sportracs and if so, what do you reckon?

Suggestions?

I know this has been covered many times but I can't find the thread/s :doh:

Pliskin
Wednesday 2nd September 2009, 17:24
The last few sets on my 854 have been Sportracs and Ultracs and were pretty good, however the set of Rainsport2s I had on my old S70 were better again.

lance
Wednesday 2nd September 2009, 17:56
ditto, I have found uniroyal rainsport 2s to be good other than that BF Goodridge arnt bad either

Alan M
Wednesday 2nd September 2009, 18:07
Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta are excellent. I now have these on all corners of my 855 T5. I am running 215-40 17 87Y. I was on Falkan ze912 before and found those to be appalling in the rain and dry and absolutely every condition. The rear of my car now feels so much more planted and the front has so much more grip under boost.

dicky b t5
Wednesday 2nd September 2009, 18:10
Why not Toyos ??

Saaamon
Wednesday 2nd September 2009, 18:16
I've got R888's on my 3dr Sierra.. Awesome grip and they look cool too lol!

JelT5
Wednesday 2nd September 2009, 18:54
Why not Toyos ??

Heard horror stories about the lack of grip in the wet!

JelT5
Wednesday 2nd September 2009, 18:55
Thanks for the replies guys...I'll let you know what I choose ;)

dicky b t5
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 16:47
Heard horror stories about the lack of grip in the wet!

Hi Jel, the only reason i asked, is that i've got Toyo Proxs 4s on my V70R.
Had them on for about 16 months and got about 15k out of them so far.
Looking at a new set in about 2-3 weeks time and will deffo buy them again.

One of the best tyres i've had yet. Superb grip in rain or dry, and as you can see by the above last really well.

Dicky.

Cubes
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 17:50
I have just put Toyo Proxes T1-R's on all 4 corners (fronts last month) and, never having had Toyos before, upto now I am impressed with them. Pushed them a bit in the wet today for the first time and they held really well. Longevity might not be as good as Goodyear Eagle F1's due to being a slightly softer compound, but a lot is down to driving style.

A good mate of mine had Vredesteins (not sure what model) on his S80 a couple of years back and he was happy with them.

Bottom line is, you need to find not what only suits your car, but also your driving style, ie Dunlop SP Sport Max - great on the V40, rubbish on the C70.

That's my opinion anyhoo.

Happy hunting!

850 t5 vs 600cc
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 18:22
I've just bought some brand new Bridgestones potenza of ebay for £36 and £38 which i have tried before and i thought were very good, and some yoko C drive for £68 which i have not used before but are better then what i have.

Babybadger
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 18:46
Getting some new fronts...got Goodyear Eagles on atm but fancy something different, maybe!

Not Toyos!

Anyone tried Vredestein Sportracs and if so, what do you reckon?

Suggestions?

I know this has been covered many times but I can't find the thread/s :doh:

Vredestein - Excellent I had 18k out of the fronts on mine, the rears still had 4-5mm on them when I changed the fronts, you wont be disappointed
Goodyear eagles - ****e.....nearly killed me twice
Currently on Toyo proxes t1r as they are cheap at camskill.co.uk

Will go back on Vredestein next time, and have a set of Quatracs in the shed for winter running, excellent traction even on greasy roads even on full boost......

MisterC1501
Saturday 5th September 2009, 17:49
Vredestein - Excellent I had 18k out of the fronts on mine, the rears still had 4-5mm on them when I changed the fronts, you wont be disappointed

I had Ultracs on my Comets, and I'm disappointed :mad: Centre tread wear was fine (20K), but all the inner sidewalls had split causing me to write off the tyres :mad:

Have noticed though that there is no mention of Xtra load on the sidewalls, so maybe our cars are too heavy for this make of tyre

cookie
Saturday 5th September 2009, 18:12
I had Ultracs on my Comets, and I'm disappointed :mad: Centre tread wear was fine (20K), but all the inner sidewalls had split causing me to write off the tyres :mad:

Have noticed though that there is no mention of Xtra load on the sidewalls, so maybe our cars are too heavy for this make of tyre

ours need the XL version (theres only pennies between normal and XL)

and to put my 2 pennies worth in, I've got T-R1's on fron ATM and I don't think they are as good as Avon ZZ3's

JelT5
Monday 7th September 2009, 16:32
Chickened out and bought Eagles again guys....but before you have a go at me for being unadventurous, I'll be getting some 18" pegs next year; will try something new and exciting on the new wheels!

Rhys
Monday 7th September 2009, 23:59
ours need the XL version (theres only pennies between normal and XL)

and to put my 2 pennies worth in, I've got T-R1's on fron ATM and I don't think they are as good as Avon ZZ3's

Got Avon ZV3's on the front of mine, and funnily enough the wheels I've just bought off fleabay also have mostly Avon ZV3's on - must be a popular tyre.