PDA

View Full Version : 850 t5 fault code

flying brick
Tuesday 1st September 2009, 19:37
hi everybody my engine management light keeps coming on took a note of the fault code...2 3 2.. long term fuel mixture too weak or too rich at idle,i think the car is running rich by the look of the tailpipe anybody had this problem and was able to fix it

5seaterT5x2
Saturday 26th December 2009, 19:34
hi everybody my engine management light keeps coming on took a note of the fault code...2 3 2.. long term fuel mixture too weak or too rich at idle,i think the car is running rich by the look of the tailpipe anybody had this problem and was able to fix it

hi did you get anywhere with this problem?

5seaterT5x2
Tuesday 27th July 2010, 22:23
hi did you get anywhere with this problem?

fixed it fixed it fixed it hurrrahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol 400 miles today n it aint come on yesssssssssssssssss

meffs
Wednesday 28th July 2010, 22:20
Have a look at this link.

http://www.volvospeed.com/DTC/a2_232.htm

Meffs

5seaterT5x2
Wednesday 28th July 2010, 22:44
had this problem for agessssssssssssssssssssss cleaned MAF the other day bucket fulls of carb cleaner took few minutes get the blighter on n off etc but an easyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fix 400 plus miles light aint come back on

danny-R
Thursday 29th July 2010, 08:41
I had code 2-3-2 flash up when i first got my t5r.

Daft as it seems, it turned out to be the little rubber elbow on (well not on) the right side of the manifold.

just a though, hth

5seaterT5x2
Saturday 7th August 2010, 13:20
had this problem for agessssssssssssssssssssss cleaned MAF the other day bucket fulls of carb cleaner took few minutes get the blighter on n off etc but an easyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fix 400 plus miles light aint come back on

and then again arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh blighters back on b***** so now what? it ainthe elbow by manifold. Am wondering cleaning MAF with contact cleaner etc seemed to make quite a difference did 400 miles in a day last week it never came on pretty certain it would've normally done about 150 this morning came on bout $*&%$£ 10 miles from home am wondering because it seems to have improved with cleaning but has now come back could it be an indicatin MAF is past it's sell by date? it's a 95 850 t5 bout 170,000 on clock? any thought appreciated cheers. p.s. even though light comes on and the 232 code keeps appering car runs fine regardless ;-/

stevie69
Saturday 7th August 2010, 14:27
i had that for a while.turned out to be the plug on the lambda.gave it a good clean and its been fine ever since..

5seaterT5x2
Saturday 14th August 2010, 12:02
fixed it fixed it fixed it hurrrahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol 400 miles today n it aint come on yesssssssssssssssss

oh no you did'nt poxy light/fault code 2-3-2 is back F*%* now what? it aint the elbow on manifold grrrrrrrrrrrrr gettin bored now

5seaterT5x2
Saturday 14th August 2010, 12:28
oh no you did'nt poxy light/fault code 2-3-2 is back F*%* now what? it aint the elbow on manifold grrrrrrrrrrrrr gettin bored now

mutter mutter mutter wheres that box matches

danny-R
Saturday 14th August 2010, 16:16

sounds like a vacuum leak to me mate, but then again i'm no expert lol

Tomcat
Saturday 14th August 2010, 16:29
There are numerous things that could cause that, I had the flexi on the downpipe go on one of mine, it was drawing air in and confusing the lambda into running the car really rich. There's also more than one elbow that can rot and cause a vacuum leak, though for the life of me I can't remember where the other one is.

5seaterT5x2
Saturday 14th August 2010, 21:22
There are numerous things that could cause that, I had the flexi on the downpipe go on one of mine, it was drawing air in and confusing the lambda into running the car really rich. There's also more than one elbow that can rot and cause a vacuum leak, though for the life of me I can't remember where the other one is.

;-/ it's startin to niggle me now thought io had it sussed when i cleaned maf that seemed to help but it came back in the end