PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Meet

850 Skye
Monday 31st August 2009, 17:44
:smile:Hi it seems that there is a lot going on south of the boarder how about a Scottish meet, any suggestion's.?

thebadger
Monday 31st August 2009, 18:39
I'd love to get a Scottish meet organised at some point. The main problem is getting everyone together & picking a meeting point we can all reach with general ease.

I'm planning a trip north at some point this year, just need to sort out a bit of time off.

Usually I go up to wester ross, visit my aunt.

It's about 80miles from Kyle.

Could arrange a mini meet at some point, but the last "big" hike up north with the convoy of volvos up to Fort Augustus, which was quite good fun, but it may be a touch of a hike out for you too?

Would love to do that again really!

DuncVolvoTurbo
Monday 31st August 2009, 18:47
I'd be up for a meet! There doesn't seem to be a lot of people that are prepared to attend the Scottish VOC meets, so seeing the same couple of cars is getting a bit boring now.

Yosser
Monday 31st August 2009, 18:56
Aye, maybe...... :)

850 Skye
Monday 31st August 2009, 21:58
I'd love to get a Scottish meet organised at some point. The main problem is getting everyone together & picking a meeting point we can all reach with general ease.

I'm planning a trip north at some point this year, just need to sort out a bit of time off.

Usually I go up to wester ross, visit my aunt.

It's about 80miles from Kyle.

Could arrange a mini meet at some point, but the last "big" hike up north with the convoy of volvos up to Fort Augustus, which was quite good fun, but it may be a touch of a hike out for you too?

Would love to do that again really!

Not at tall, regularly down in Glasgow and i used to work if Fort Augustus on the new hydro dam i would be well up for a meet even if it was more down your way, i was going to go on the last run but had to do cover that weekend for the lifeboat.

thebadger
Tuesday 1st September 2009, 08:44
Last meet I went to was at strathy about this time last year, which was a good laugh, but could have involved a drive & a stop off somewhere....

Also hanging about strathy drew the attention of quite a few Barries... Fraz was included in that group! :rolleyes:

Jaseb77
Tuesday 1st September 2009, 11:09
There was one a while back I arranged at Falkirk wheel overflow car park, which was well attended.

maybe we could ressurrect that venue as a central sort of place >?

DuncVolvoTurbo
Tuesday 1st September 2009, 11:11
There was one a while back I arranged at Falkirk wheel overflow car park, which was well attended.

Not a bad shout that!

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 1st September 2009, 11:15
Make it sometime around the 29th September, and I'll come. Will be up in Kilbirnie that week.

stevie69
Tuesday 1st September 2009, 11:26
im from kilbirnie originally.

thebadger
Tuesday 1st September 2009, 12:22
im from kilbirnie originally.

We'll not hold that against you bomb... :P

thebadger
Tuesday 1st September 2009, 12:24

Falkirk, central to..... Falkirk?

Yeah that's a good spot to meet up at, but the main issue is dog mess in the car park.

Fraz still has his trophy!

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 1st September 2009, 12:41
We'll not hold that against you bomb... :P

Only got relatives there, I've lived all my life down here.

thebadger
Tuesday 1st September 2009, 14:17
total misquote! :slap:

S60
Thursday 10th September 2009, 18:42
i'm literally 10 mins from the falkirk wheel so would be good for me :D lol

t5_monkey
Thursday 10th September 2009, 23:02
I'd be up for a Scottish Meet - am based in Glasgow (West End) Not got my details on here, car is at the link below.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3370351

Jaseb77
Monday 14th September 2009, 15:09
OK

Who would be up for a meet on Sunday 27th sept @ Falkirk Wheel
overflow car park on Camelon side , say 12.30

if thats too short notice then suggestions for date in Oct ?

i'll create a new thread please put your name down there