PDA

View Full Version : fault in the engine electronic system

steve954
Monday 31st August 2009, 17:00
the fault in the engine electronic system light came on earlyier today (typical when i want to sell it) at the around the same time the boost gauge stopped working, a quick check revealed that the vacum pipe had come apart near the slam panel, would this cause this light to come on, and where else should i check.

AlanG
Monday 31st August 2009, 17:09
Can't see that triggering the lambda light Steve. Mine did the same thing recently and the light stayed out. Get the codes read mate and have a nice cup of tea and a biscuit..

p fandango
Monday 31st August 2009, 17:47
with the pipe coming off it does mean it would be just leaking the air that should be going to the gauge, but as Alan said i'd doubt if it'd be enough to throw up a code

steve954
Monday 31st August 2009, 18:33
Can't see that triggering the lambda light Steve. Mine did the same thing recently and the light stayed out. Get the codes read mate and have a nice cup of tea and a biscuit..
so does that mean it could be the lambda sensor then, shame i have'nt got the on board tester, can't fault the way the car is running, if i take the battery off would this clear the light?

p fandango
Monday 31st August 2009, 19:00
so does that mean it could be the lambda sensor then, shame i have'nt got the on board tester, can't fault the way the car is running, if i take the battery off would this clear the light?
your best bet is to get thhe codes read, there are so many things/reasons for the light to come on you could be spending Łk's before you fall lucky onto what the actual problem is

steve954
Monday 31st August 2009, 20:02
your best bet is to get thhe codes read, there are so many things/reasons for the light to come on you could be spending Łk's before you fall lucky onto what the actual problem isyeah i will i will have my mate big mick check it first thing tomorrow, i just did'nt know if they was something common that throws up that light.

p fandango
Monday 31st August 2009, 20:07
yeah i will i will have my mate big mick check it first thing tomorrow, i just did'nt know if they was something common that throws up that light.
with cars our age theirs quite a few common things if you get what i mean

Saaamon
Monday 31st August 2009, 22:15
850 do have a habit of throwing the light up at the slightest of problems.

AlanG
Monday 31st August 2009, 22:19

Lambda is Volvo speak for engine management bud. Of course it's a possibility but there are literally hundreds of possibilities. Anything from a blocked ECC sensor behind a grab handle to MAF failure etc,etc. Need to read the codes my friend. Disconnecting the battery for a few hours may extinguish the light but if there's a fault code registering then it'll be back....

steve954
Monday 31st August 2009, 22:27
the codes will be checked in the morning mate, i will see what happens then i don't leave things long on my cars, if it needs doing then its done if i don't have money i have plastic it's what makes the world go round.

p fandango
Monday 31st August 2009, 22:36
the codes will be checked in the morning mate, i will see what happens then i don't leave things long on my cars, if it needs doing then its done if i don't have money i have plastic it's what makes the world go round.
taking the bulb out works for me lol

steve954
Tuesday 1st September 2009, 14:24
all done, fault came back as a air leak.

AlanG
Tuesday 1st September 2009, 14:31
taking the bulb out works for me lol

Can't believe you said that Duane!!........Ssshhhh!,did same myself....

AlanG
Tuesday 1st September 2009, 14:32
all done, fault came back as a air leak.

The start of the journey......

p fandango
Tuesday 1st September 2009, 16:02
Can't believe you said that Duane!!........Ssshhhh!,did same myself....
well the bulbs are quite heavy lol

AlanG
Tuesday 1st September 2009, 16:10
well the bulbs are quite heavy lol

:slap:

p fandango
Tuesday 1st September 2009, 16:18
:slap:
you didn't expect any better from me did you lol

AlanG
Tuesday 1st September 2009, 16:20
you didn't expect any better from me did you lol