PDA

View Full Version : Typical isn't it...

Andrew
Friday 3rd June 2005, 12:49
So the wife has took the kids and left... to visit her sister for the day and isn't back till tomorrow afternoon.

Great says I, a weekend to myself, let's see what meets are happening so I can go along without worrying about getting back to the family.... and nothing. :(

Surely something must be happening that isn't in the calender?

I know about scotland - but by the time I get up there will be time to come back....

TangoDeltaSierra3
Friday 3rd June 2005, 16:49
Looks to me as theres a distinct lack of interest in any meets, despite the good start at the Fox on May day. I've suggested approx 6 events/meets so far to no avail. I'm afraid the only ones that look remotely popular are the Santa Pod days etc which aint really my cuppa tea anyway.
I'm afraid as a Volvo group we got some catching up to do to get on a par with the RS people who have Nationwide shows week in week out April to September. Get with it folks or soon we might drift to pastures new.

Andrew
Friday 3rd June 2005, 16:57
The volvo "performance" scene is certainly far less than other clubs. You mention RS I'd quote new MINI being the same.

I guess it's all about numbers - with ~750 members of which 50-100 are constantly active and maybe 50% of that attend meets it's going to be hard to catch up.

I'm not sure why the 1/4 miles are so popular - Volvos are not exactly sprint cars - I suppose it's just a cheap day out...

I'm all for as many meets as possible. Even if it's just a small number of cars.

In august I'll be organising another East Anglia meet. Beer and food somewhere central and then maybe a run - some curvey roads, followed by some nice straight bits of road. If I can get 5 cars to turn out I'll be happy.
Andrew.

dicky b t5
Friday 3rd June 2005, 17:07
Andrew ,
Put me down for August mate , I'll be there if not on me Hols , Looking forward to Yarmouth & Putting names to faces . All the best Dicky B...

Andrew
Friday 3rd June 2005, 17:25
Follow the link: :)

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2423

dicky b t5
Friday 3rd June 2005, 17:33
Follow the link: :)

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2423

Yeh... I Like it .... Kind of East Anglian , Gumball Rally..! :haha:

mulletboy2
Friday 3rd June 2005, 23:29
I'm off to see Mark Knopfler at the NEC tomorrow evening... nothing car related, but you could try to get hold of tickets to something?

Wobbly Dave
Friday 3rd June 2005, 23:32
I am off to watch HLM motorsport do some hill climbing. Quick phone call and you are in. Finishes at 4 pm.

Justin
Friday 3rd June 2005, 23:35
Me Moppy and Waxworks are on a complimentary tour of Bruntingthorpe proving ground to see if they can accomodate our needs.

Its a dirty job, but all done with the forum in mind :haha:

Wobbly Dave
Friday 3rd June 2005, 23:38
Loads of choices!

Wobbly Dave
Friday 3rd June 2005, 23:39
Me Moppy and Waxworks are on a complimentary tour of Bruntingthorpe proving ground to see if they can accomodate our needs.

Its a dirty job, but all done with the forum in mind :haha:
why was I not invited?? JK!!!

Mrsmopp
Saturday 4th June 2005, 13:19
why was I not invited?? JK!!!

Must have got lost in the post ROTFLMSO!!

x