PDA

View Full Version : Going green. Green injectors that is.

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 30th August 2009, 14:54
I have been fiddling again with the help of Hamish and his new tuning supplier in Sweden.

We have swapped the old blue injectors out - and replaced them with x5 new green 'uns.

The process of remapping started on the dyno at HLM and I am pleased to see that with minimal boost - only .9 bar - we made the same power output as before but a lot smoother. Smoother than a cashmere codpiece. - No lumps and it is seriously quick.

There is more development to come - but personally I think this is the most exciting thing to happen since I put my black C70 through a hedge. we'll be putting through some real time data logging on it soon and then work the map up to it's full potential. Very happy with the AFR - and it holds boost beautifully.

If you have a ME7 car or later - this is defo the best mapping software I have seen to date. RICA could not fathom the impedence on the larger injectors.

Oh and I also changed the cheaper chinese headlights for proper MY2003 C70 ones (clear), swapped the HIDs over and put on new 2003 rear clusters.

dicky b t5
Sunday 30th August 2009, 21:27
Nice one Dave, sounds good.

Hope your keeping well mate.

Dicky.

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 30th August 2009, 22:16
Cheers Dicky - doing very well. Moved back from NL recently and I am now pursuing the latest & greatest thing out of Sweden - softwarewise.

I need to get a bigger resolution picky - the torque is not as high as before but it holds it a lot longer. Great for 3rd gear spirited driving - just need a bit more revs.

AlanG
Sunday 30th August 2009, 22:20
Cheers Dicky - doing very well. Moved back from NL recently and I am now pursuing the latest & greatest thing out of Sweden - softwarewise.

You back in the UK Dave?

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 30th August 2009, 22:31
Certainly am. I been away in NL this last week - but I don't have to live there anymore. I only have to work there 1 week per month.

Rest of the time I work out of my spare bedroom aka - T-Systems (Telford).

AlanG
Sunday 30th August 2009, 22:43
A warm welcome home buddy...:anmflower

Wobbly Dave
Monday 31st August 2009, 10:54
It is certainly better for my tuning aspirations not to mention me not feeling quite so much a tourist in my own house.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 31st August 2009, 11:01
Forgot to say the reason this new software is exciting for me is because I am the first person with a modified Volvo in the UK to recieve this software.

Dangerous Dave
Monday 31st August 2009, 11:14
Nice one WD, whats the name of this software, or hasn't it been branded yet?

Wobbly Dave
Monday 31st August 2009, 11:33
Nice one WD, whats the name of this software, or hasn't it been branded yet?
Not even branded yet!! Hamish told me the name but it's top secret at the mo. It really is that new.

HLM will release soon I am sure.

Engineer
Monday 31st August 2009, 20:48
Cheers Dave that would be A?M then :)

The Green RS Focus HLM tune up kinda gives it away lol unless H has changed again since my last look in :)

In all honesty mate you could have saved a lot of money by going MTE and a Marco custom tune years ago IMHO.......:)

lance
Monday 31st August 2009, 21:10
Looking good!

Wobbly Dave
Monday 31st August 2009, 22:53
Cheers Dave that would be A?M then :)

The Green RS Focus HLM tune up kinda gives it away lol unless H has changed again since my last look in :)

In all honesty mate you could have saved a lot of money by going MTE and a Marco custom tune years ago IMHO.......:)
That may well be - but the fact is I have gone this route and I am excited about this product.