PDA

View Full Version : Haynes manual download - free !!!!!!!

cameron
Thursday 27th August 2009, 21:37
See here LINK REMOVED

Flatout Phil
Thursday 27th August 2009, 21:43
See here LINK REMOVED

Well I never did. Thanks for that.

cameron
Thursday 27th August 2009, 21:47
No worries buddy :D

jonno12
Friday 28th August 2009, 08:55
ive got one for sale if anyone is intrested in it open to offers

sen
Friday 28th August 2009, 09:49
Well blow me thanks for that.

ddmgti
Friday 28th August 2009, 11:31
Brilliant just what i was after Thanks

Filterlab
Friday 28th August 2009, 12:41
I don't have an 850, but my S70's near enough for this to be useful. Great find, thanks!

:hail: :beer:

850 2.5 10v
Friday 28th August 2009, 14:16
Useful but not sure entirely legal.

Someone has spent a while on their scanner...

Wobbly Dave
Friday 28th August 2009, 15:35
Indeed that was my first thought - breach of copyright!

Dangerous Dave
Friday 28th August 2009, 18:27
Well, its on this site

LINK REMOVED

And it hasn't been shut down. If you click on different Volvo models some have wiring diagrams.

AlanG
Friday 28th August 2009, 18:42
Paynes manual summed up and edited............Disconnect battery and place on axle stands. For anything involved..ie not a light bulb replacement,book into main stealer. It's a very expensive comic book and a very poor one at that. Anything anyone needs to know can be found on here....

Al115
Friday 28th August 2009, 19:11
Sorry guys, but I've removed the links as I REALLY don't want the hassle that can result from this Forum linking to copyrighted content. Thanks for your understanding.

AlanG
Friday 28th August 2009, 19:15
Sorry guys, but I've removed the links as I REALLY don't want the hassle that can result from this Forum linking to copyrighted content. Thanks for your understanding.

No loss Al,it's not worth the recycled toilet paper it's printed on...

Al115
Friday 28th August 2009, 19:17
Lol!

Justin
Friday 28th August 2009, 19:18
Lmao @ AlanG, i have to agree with Al, sorry guys!

AlanG
Friday 28th August 2009, 19:31
Lmao @ AlanG, i have to agree with Al, sorry guys!

Aim to please......:band:

cameron
Friday 28th August 2009, 20:05
Oh well so much for that idea then :grumpy:

Theres no pleasing some people.

AlanG
Friday 28th August 2009, 20:36

Lee,it's utterly useless anyway. It's no loss mate..

p fandango
Friday 28th August 2009, 21:19

i've got a spare one for sale if your interested, as already said tho its not exactly brilliant or that much help on alot of jobs

Johnny5
Friday 28th August 2009, 21:29
Anyone think Alan's got a downer on the good ole haynes manual? ;) lol

Dangerous Dave
Friday 28th August 2009, 21:32
Hmmm, I don't really trust Haynes, as their description for compressing a spring (or something like that) on my dads old Rover was "get 4 large persons to sit on the front end of the car and install spring clamps". Ah the good old days of bodging it.

p fandango
Friday 28th August 2009, 21:38
Anyone think Alan's got a downer on the good ole haynes manual? ;) lol
they are ****e, i remember the electric window switch falling thru the handbrake console on my cheesewedge (Volvo 480). The Heinz manual said to remove the handbrake lever to remove the panel to refit the switch, it turned out Volvo had notched the panel & the handbrake lever only needed to be released & the panel slide over the top. Such a simple mistake yet could of cost atleast an extra couple of hours if i'd of followed what they said. Its also no help in telling me how to remove the rear bumper of my 850 as they used a pre-facelift 1994 model which is totally different

AlanG
Friday 28th August 2009, 21:50
I remember buying a Haynes for my first V6 Sierra. Was a complete nut and bolt strip-down and re-assembly...brilliant. Today it's as much use as a loud speaker in outer space......

RollingThunder
Saturday 29th August 2009, 09:59
I remember buying a Haynes for my first V6 Sierra. Was a complete nut and bolt strip-down and re-assembly...brilliant. Today it's as much use as a loud speaker in outer space......

I agree to a large extent - the manuals made upto the early/mid 90s were written entirely on the strip down of the car concerned - later ones used a lot of 'library' material - just look at the photos in some of them - they show a Peugeot 306 ! The overall quality is lower too - less detail, some glaring mistakes (which is worrying), and a lot less content. Plus they're now expensive.

On the plus side, some items can be useful, such as seeing how various fasteners are attached - they're easy to snap when removing, and they cost a lot to replace...

auldtam
Saturday 29th August 2009, 22:40

Feel free to PM me if you want...:mischievo