PDA

View Full Version : Fog lamp bulbs/removal

Flatout Phil
Thursday 27th August 2009, 21:07
Cannot work out how to change a fog lamp bulb. Can remove the twist off plastic thing, but did not want to risk breaking the thing. Or should I just take off the torx screws and whip the whole thing out to take a look (oh I am so asking for double-entendres)? Is it an H1 in the thing?
Cheers for your anticipated wisdom (and inevitable wit)! Phil.

cameron
Thursday 27th August 2009, 21:16
Ive had mine out before ( the foglight that is ;) ) and im sure its a H1 or is it a H3 thats in there :D

As for removing the bulb holder im fairly stuck it was a long time ago unfortunatelly :sorry:

Someone will be along soon with a how to im pretty sure.

Johnny5
Thursday 27th August 2009, 21:24
Would you believe it! Even the haynes manual doesnt tell you how to do it??????????

Johnny5
Thursday 27th August 2009, 21:26
Have a look at this

http://new.volvocars.com/ownersdocs/1994/1994_850/94850_6_5.html

Flatout Phil
Thursday 27th August 2009, 21:35
Have a look at this

http://new.volvocars.com/ownersdocs/1994/1994_850/94850_6_5.html

Thanks for that Johnny. Haynes claim there is a section on foglamps in the index, but there is no reference in the text. As for the Volvo manual it seems to provide no more illumination (ho ho) than the following: NOTE: Other bulbs may be difficult for the owner to replace. Let your Volvo retailer replace these bulbs if necessary.

Flatout Phil
Thursday 27th August 2009, 21:41
Ive had mine out before ( the foglight that is ;) ) and im sure its a H1 or is it a H3 thats in there :D

As for removing the bulb holder im fairly stuck it was a long time ago unfortunatelly :sorry:

Someone will be along soon with a how to im pretty sure.

Oh deary me, what have I started... I shall have to whip out my long grubby screwing tool from the old bag and slip it under her bumper so she can flash her foglights again. Then I can get to work on the horn.

cameron
Thursday 27th August 2009, 22:03
:hilarious

Very good matey :B_thumb:

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 27th August 2009, 23:44
You twist the black bit on the back (anti-clockwise to the face on) it is probably very tight if it hasn't been moved for a long time and it also gets all the crap off the road lodged in it.

Disconnect the wire from the cap, and the wire from the lamp body.

Then the bulb is just clipped in with a metal spring clip like on the headlight bulbs. Just unhook the ends from the two lugs and the bulb will come out.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s101/bomb192uk/fog.jpg

Flatout Phil
Thursday 27th August 2009, 23:56
You twist the black bit on the back (anti-clockwise to the face on) it is probably very tight if it hasn't been moved for a long time and it also gets all the crap off the road lodged in it.

Disconnect the wire from the cap, and the wire from the lamp body.

Then the bulb is just clipped in with a metal spring clip like on the headlight bulbs. Just unhook the ends from the two lugs and the bulb will come out.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s101/bomb192uk/fog.jpg

Superb. Just the advice I needed. Cheers!

HADI
Thursday 3rd December 2009, 15:18
just out trying to change the front fog bulbs, the one s i took out have no little lead joined to them but the new ones have , where does the little lead connect to.

bobbych
Thursday 3rd December 2009, 15:38
the lead from the bulb goes to a connection in the cap, with the earth going the other way, cap to lamp.

Mine were so stuck, when i tried turning the cap on one, it sheared the whole lamp, and the bulb attatchement came off with the cap

HADI
Thursday 3rd December 2009, 15:51
the lead from the bulb goes to a connection in the cap, with the earth going the other way, cap to lamp.

Mine were so stuck, when i tried turning the cap on one, it sheared the whole lamp, and the bulb attatchement came off with the cap

cant see where the little lead goes having looked with a lamp, its a v70 i have,is the connection different to 850 ? and its strange the old bulbs have no leads ? ?

bobbych
Thursday 3rd December 2009, 15:54
i only know the 850 ones, so cant help.

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 3rd December 2009, 17:53
The earth lead just pushes onto a bit of the metal casting near the bulb clip