PDA

View Full Version : O2 sensor

thebadger
Thursday 27th August 2009, 20:50
Hey guys,

Had an engine warning light pop up on the car the other day.

Reader out & code (with rattle) thrown out of the pram.

Code given is P0030 H02S Heater Control Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor1)

So this is most probably the front O2 sensor.

My dilemma is, how much is a replacement, how hard is it to fit and could it be something else at fault? I've heard that a split vac elbow could be at fault.

Rufe, I know you may come through with a price for me, any others that have them (or know where to get them cheaply), could you please post them up.

Cheers

Badger

5seaterT5x2
Thursday 27th August 2009, 23:25
to replace the o2 sensor on 850 t5 is a doddle takes no time really and one spanner 22mm i think it was.
hideously overpriced at volvo though

cornclose
Friday 28th August 2009, 09:01
I'd clear the code(s) and wait to see if they come back before doing anything...

I had a similar code about a year ago (may even have been the same one) and luckily had my laptop and OBD cable with me, so cleared there and then, and it's never returned since. The car is still running as well as ever, with all parameters via OBD well within expected limits.

thebadger
Friday 28th August 2009, 09:20
Yeah, the code gets thrown almost 200 yards worth of driving away.

No such joy Chris, if it were so simple I wouldn't be asking for prices.

I know the rear O2 sensor is quite easy to get & cheap too, but the front one seems to be a bit of a mehr!

Got to say that idle is feeling a touch lumpy at the moment too. So I'm guessing the sensor is goosed.

cornclose
Friday 28th August 2009, 09:28
Yeah, the code gets thrown almost 200 yards worth of driving away.

No such joy Chris, if it were so simple I wouldn't be asking for prices.

I know the rear O2 sensor is quite easy to get & cheap too, but the front one seems to be a bit of a mehr!

Got to say that idle is feeling a touch lumpy at the moment too. So I'm guessing the sensor is goosed.

Ah, didn't read that from your first post. Hmm, I've never had to get my head round Bank X Sensor Y business. Does anyone have a definative list as to what each Bank and Sensor is and where it's located ? Rufe may be the man, again...

My assumption has always been that Bank 1 is before the cat (directly at the exhaust manifold somewhere ?) and bank 2 is post cat.

thebadger
Friday 28th August 2009, 09:55
Yeah that's how I think it is on the O2 sensors, but I want to know if there's a difference between the two sensors. As far as the parts go, they have different #'s & look different too.

A price from somewhere would be great too....

thebadger
Friday 28th August 2009, 14:33
Does anyone have any ideas about this then?

thebadger
Friday 28th August 2009, 15:11
Ok I'm pretty sure it's covered by Bosch part # 0258007137

Rufe, if you read this, could you confirm that I'm right?

thebadger
Friday 28th August 2009, 15:14
or bosch part # 0258007070 ??

I'm lost!

princepugh
Tuesday 1st September 2009, 23:26
The front o2 sensor was different pre July 2001 so depends how old your P2 is. The older sensor has a surprisingly short replacement schedule. There are a couple of sites on e-bay which provide genuine Bosch sensors for 'much cheapness', if you're still looking for one I can dig a link out.

HTH

thebadger
Thursday 3rd September 2009, 13:37
My car is a 2001 (Y) plate, but the reg date is august 2001.

I have no idea which side of the wall it sits on!

princepugh
Saturday 5th September 2009, 00:07
This is what you most likely need:- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bosch-Lambda-Sensor-VOLVO-V70-II-2-3T5-08-01-07-04_W0QQitemZ120380435440QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars Parts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item1c073babf0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

But you'll need to cross check the Bosch code with the Volvo code specific to your car, which a dealer should be able to confirm.

siamblue
Saturday 5th September 2009, 00:28
Ok I'm pretty sure it's covered by Bosch part # 0258007137

Rufe, if you read this, could you confirm that I'm right?

Hi mate i am sure i have one here, covered 7k miles, had it on my V70R 1999,

Gary