PDA

View Full Version : what rica chip?

steve954
Saturday 22nd August 2009, 09:42
how would i go about finding out what rica chip my car has, i belive there is two different ones, i have a reciept for a ECU UPGRADE from rica chip tuning, any help would be grateful.

sen
Saturday 22nd August 2009, 10:07
Contact rica maybe

Tomcat
Saturday 22nd August 2009, 10:53
how would i go about finding out what rica chip my car has, i belive there is two different ones, i have a reciept for a ECU UPGRADE from rica chip tuning, any help would be grateful.

Sounds like good advice to me, if you have the reciept then give them a ring, I'm sure they'll have a record of what they fitted.

steve954
Saturday 22nd August 2009, 13:37
the email won't deliver and the web address wont come up so i assumed the telephone number would work either, but as you would'nt of known i have all my high pitch hearing wiped out, which means i can't hear certain things talking on phones being one.

Tomcat
Saturday 22nd August 2009, 13:46
Who are you trying to contact?..

steve954
Saturday 22nd August 2009, 13:49
web address www.chip-tuning.co.uk email sales@chip-tuning.co.uk

Redbrick
Saturday 22nd August 2009, 14:00
Contact Russ at RT Mechanics, he might be able to make enquiries for you:

http://www.rtmechanics.co.uk/

thunderace
Saturday 22nd August 2009, 14:36
what phone number do you have?

Nathlm
Saturday 22nd August 2009, 14:42
web address www.chip-tuning.co.uk email sales@chip-tuning.co.uk

Chip Tuning Ltd was disolved a few months ago due to the partnership split between Hamish and Adam. Hamish is still running HLM as he has done for 10 years at Factory Lane, so the phone number on the receipt is still working, I still have all the old records on my Sage for Chip Tuning so I could probably tell you. Ring me on Monday morning after 10am 01527 577710.

Na

steve954
Saturday 22nd August 2009, 14:43
what phone number do you have?
(01527) 577710

steve954
Wednesday 26th August 2009, 22:45
sorry to bump this up but the company mentioned above ive just found it http://www.hlmtuning.co.uk/ so what to you lot think they have changed name since 2003, the phone number is still the same, do you reckon they would be able to tell me, guess i will just have to ask.

AlanG
Wednesday 26th August 2009, 22:50
sorry to bump this up but the company mentioned above ive just found it http://www.hlmtuning.co.uk/ so what to you lot think they have changed name since 2003, the phone number is still the same, do you reckon they would be able to tell me, guess i will just have to ask.

Steve,from what I've picked up on here Hamish retained the original phone number from Volvotune. Give him a call,you'll find him to be very genuine and honest.

steve954
Wednesday 26th August 2009, 23:01
Steve,from what I've picked up on here Hamish retained the original phone number from Volvotune. Give him a call,you'll find him to be very genuine and honest.thanks alan although i will email him and hope he can sort it out by that, as stated above i find it hard to hear on the phone so thats really the only way i can do it really.

AlanG
Wednesday 26th August 2009, 23:06
thanks alan although i will email him and hope he can sort it out by that, as stated above i find it hard to hear on the phone so thats really the only way i can do it really.

Sorry mate,have a memory like a sieve. Send an e-mail and either Hamish or Natalie will answer your queries. HTH.

steve954
Wednesday 26th August 2009, 23:17
Chip Tuning Ltd was disolved a few months ago due to the partnership split between Hamish and Adam. Hamish is still running HLM as he has done for 10 years at Factory Lane, so the phone number on the receipt is still working, I still have all the old records on my Sage for Chip Tuning so I could probably tell you. Ring me on Monday morning after 10am 01527 577710.

Na
how the hell did i miss this post! would of solved my problems straight away.

AlanG
Wednesday 26th August 2009, 23:26
Sorry Natalie,showing my ignorance.........Thought it was Volvotune...My mistake..

Pliskin
Wednesday 26th August 2009, 23:36
Get it on a dyno then you will know exactly what it is throwing out.

BruceT
Thursday 27th August 2009, 07:46
Is it only ingition advance and boost pressure the difference between the 2?

Whats the max boost on the 280?
Whats the max boost on 304?

Is there any way to tell them apart if you have no receipt?