PDA

View Full Version : Better brake options for an R

Flatout Phil
Friday 21st August 2009, 21:18
Would like an AP conversion but a lot of money for a road use car. There have been some erudite postings on the topic in the past, but I notice partsforvolvos supply a couple of kits, and I am aware that there may be other options too. Would like more rapid pull up, and no fade, but would prefer to keep the budget reasonable. Any thoughts welcomed.

sen
Friday 21st August 2009, 21:21
On my previous t5 i fitted ebc cross drilled discs with mintex race pads and replaced the fluild for dot5 it made a huge difference i took it on a track day with some serious hard braking and had no issues with it mate. Just a thought

walter leever
Friday 21st August 2009, 21:28
Would like an AP conversion but a lot of money for a road use car. There have been some erudite postings on the topic in the past, but I notice partsforvolvos supply a couple of kits, and I am aware that there may be other options too. Would like more rapid pull up, and no fade, but would prefer to keep the budget reasonable. Any thoughts welcomed.

Have a look on www.europeantuning.com for other options.

And then press "remmen" wich is brakes in dutch.

cheers,walter

Wombatbomb
Friday 21st August 2009, 21:37
Stuff like EBC is little or no better than genuine Volvo. If you're serious about improving your brakes without going to a BBK then have a look at Carbotech or Dixcell for the pads, cost about £160 a set for the front. Fluidwise, Motul RBF600 or ATE Super blue, £20-£40. Also, swap the brake hoses to braided lines, about £50.

irf
Friday 21st August 2009, 21:44
Stuff like EBC is little or no better than genuine Volvo. If you're serious about improving your brakes without going to a BBK then have a look at Carbotech or Dixcell for the pads, cost about £160 a set for the front. Fluidwise, Motul RBF600 or ATE Super blue, £20-£40. Also, swap the brake hoses to braided lines, about £50.

+1

btw one L in dixcel (used to get it wrong myself)