PDA

View Full Version : t5 water injection diy?

RSF
Friday 21st August 2009, 18:47
Any one done a diy water injection?
done a bit of reading and it is possible so was wondering if any ones done it and what are the benefits?
seen proper kits selling for silly money 3-500 quid!!!

p fandango
Friday 21st August 2009, 20:54
i'm sure "Cornclose" fitted it onto his V70, he's posted about it somewhere on here

Alan M
Saturday 22nd August 2009, 10:24
I have the devils own kit fitted to my car. I found that the tank had run dry yesterday and my car wasn't as willing when the tank had run dry at wot. I have installed the pump and tank in the boot of my car and the pressure switch in the engine bay. My pressure switch is set to activate at 9psi and I run a 50/50 mix water/methanol. My entire kit come in well under £200 and that includes the tank I fitted as a seperate reservoir.

cornclose
Thursday 27th August 2009, 13:44
i'm sure "Cornclose" fitted it onto his V70, he's posted about it somewhere on here

I did, linky here (http://vpcuk.org/forums/showpost.php?p=243717&postcount=44) to a quick initial review.

I've now had it fitted for a few weeks and have done a 600 mile round trip holiday with it aswell, and I'm still really pleased. There is noticably extra urge when the water/meth is injected. I am now using a 50/50 water/meth mixture.

Water usage is minimal, in the 600 mile round trip I never had to fill the tank, and it's still going now. I'm waiting until the low warning light comes on to see how long a tank typically lasts. I'm using the washer tank which has a capacity of just over 5 litres.

I have mine set to come on at 8 PSI now, I've experimented with different settings and this seems to be just about right with the kind of driving I do whilst using the 0.7mm nozzle.

All in all, pleased, and worth the money. I installed the latest System 1S from Aquamist. Got it off eBay from one of the UK distributors, £295 Inc.VAT.

The most expensive component in any setup is the pump. I considered making my own system and googled extensively first, but in the end I didn't think it was worth the effort and hassle when the tried and tested kits were available.

Saaamon
Thursday 27th August 2009, 20:38
Just save and get a bigger intercooler ;)