PDA

View Full Version : Warning

Vikingxl
Thursday 2nd June 2005, 17:32
Just to warn other people about the front indicator lenses on the v70 i dont know if other models are the same or not.

On my way to work two weeks ago there was suddenly a huge bang followed by a lot of smaller bangs i slowed down from 70(Honest officer)and stopped to find my front indicator had come away from the car and was spinning round still attatched to the cable destroying my otherwise very nice paint on the bonnet, wing and bumper.On closer inspection the plastic retaining clip had snapped off allowing the unit to come away.So the next morning i went to buy a new one and checked the other side only to find the clip was coming away from this one too it didnt feel loose but a quick tug and it came away as well.
So its probably worth checking yours now as at £45 a pair its a lot cheaper than a respray.
P.S. The real P**s take is that after this the bulb still worked!

:slap:

DONKEYT5
Thursday 2nd June 2005, 17:45
exactly the same happened to me a few months ago too, 52 quid each from main stealer (inc vat), but fortunatley they didnt go at the same time, about 3 months apart...got some lovely chipped paintwork now!
:slap:

Vikingxl
Thursday 2nd June 2005, 17:57
Unlucky hopefully people will take notice of this and avoid the same problem i have had a quote of £250 for my paint work.

stuAWD
Thursday 2nd June 2005, 18:53
I'm on my to check them out now, thanks for the info.

siamblue
Thursday 2nd June 2005, 22:40
When i changed mine over i couldn't get mine to come out so i had to break the tabs off :slap:

Just to warn other people about the front indicator lenses on the v70 i dont know if other models are the same or not.

On my way to work two weeks ago there was suddenly a huge bang followed by a lot of smaller bangs i slowed down from 70(Honest officer)and stopped to find my front indicator had come away from the car and was spinning round still attatched to the cable destroying my otherwise very nice paint on the bonnet, wing and bumper.On closer inspection the plastic retaining clip had snapped off allowing the unit to come away.So the next morning i went to buy a new one and checked the other side only to find the clip was coming away from this one too it didnt feel loose but a quick tug and it came away as well.
So its probably worth checking yours now as at £45 a pair its a lot cheaper than a respray.
P.S. The real P**s take is that after this the bulb still worked!

Richsisson :slap: