PDA

View Full Version : Boost gauge recorded figures

Filterlab
Monday 17th August 2009, 18:47
I quickly plumbed in my Splitfire calibrated boost gauge this evening and went for a quick spin. I didn't bother mounting it in the dash as I don't want it permanently in the car, so I took a feed from the tree and routed the hose out of the bonnet and in the passenger window with enough length to hold it in my hand. :)

Measured (all at WOT):

1st: 5psi
2nd: 7psi
3rd, 4th and 5th: 8psi

Idle: 20 inHG
Overrun: 24 inHG

All in all I thought those figures were pretty good, especially the vacuum figures, certainly no leaks anywhere anyway. I have an MBC coming later in the week so I'll fit that and see what the effect is. I don't particularly want huge boost levels, but a slight overall increase and losing the artificially low 1st/2nd boost levels will be most welcome.

Any comments anyone?

:)

p fandango
Monday 17th August 2009, 19:02
you sure you've not missed a "1" off from in front of them PSI figures lol

Filterlab
Monday 17th August 2009, 19:10
Hehehehe, that'd be nice. ;) I won't be going quite that mad though!

What's your opinion on the vacuum figures mate?

p fandango
Monday 17th August 2009, 19:20
What's your opinion on the vacuum figures mate?
pretty sure my vac figures were very close to that. But if i remember right i was getting a -0.02 reading on idle just before i took her off the road so might of had a small leak (could be the intercooler drain). Hopefully i'll get it working again soon & be able to have a look.

your positive boost figures are about right so don't think theirs anything wrong mate

Filterlab
Monday 17th August 2009, 19:27
Cheers matey. :)