PDA

View Full Version : what exhaust to go for !!!! HELP

linkin582
Saturday 15th August 2009, 21:10
hello all again time for another mod !!!!! this time the exhaust as the factory one is knacked !!! i need a full system but i dont know which make has anyone fit one and what works its already got a k&n pannel and rica ecu so it will need to work with them cheers

walter leever
Saturday 15th August 2009, 22:00
Go for FERRITA:Handshake(full system,so with an 3" downpipe)works like a charm.:)

JelT5
Saturday 15th August 2009, 22:39
I'm using a JT 3" catback with a similar set up to you ie RICA/HLM ecu,cone filter. They do a full system with a choice of race cat or decat.
Can't find fault with mine.

WOODY T5
Saturday 15th August 2009, 22:53
obx exhaust full turbo back got one on my t5??????????

Tomcat
Saturday 15th August 2009, 22:57
Ferrita are excellent but they're pricey, depends what your budget is. If it where me I'd go for a cat back for now and get the down pipe later on when you can afford it.

walter leever
Saturday 15th August 2009, 23:34
Ferrita are excellent but they're pricey, depends what your budget is. If it where me I'd go for a cat back for now and get the down pipe later on when you can afford it.

You are quite right on the price there mate,but if you want the best it will cost.:sorry:

However the biggest improvement you'll get from the downpipe:B_thumb: (it's the most expensive bit,unfortunatelly)

There are (as said)other options.

Gr,Walter

Tomcat
Saturday 15th August 2009, 23:36
I quite agree Walter, however as it's the most expensive bit it's the hardest to afford, best to go for the system first I'd say.

walter leever
Saturday 15th August 2009, 23:53
I think Volvo did a Remus set originaly,as a sport exhaust(not sure,ask dealer)

danny-R
Sunday 16th August 2009, 08:27
longlife full system including downpipe & decat fitted = £400 ish

kevin 850t
Monday 17th August 2009, 05:07
You are quite right on the price there mate,but if you want the best it will cost.:sorry:

However the biggest improvement you'll get from the downpipe:B_thumb: (it's the most expensive bit,unfortunatelly)

There are (as said)other options.

Gr,Walter

How much about please?

linkin582
Monday 17th August 2009, 08:36
cheers for all the info !!!!!

walter leever
Monday 17th August 2009, 16:30
How much about please?

I paid about 2/3 years back about 1500 euros complete(downpipe+cat back)

Hope this helps,walter