PDA

View Full Version : More problems with the R

Libra
Saturday 15th August 2009, 19:41
I went out this afternoon and on the return trip I started to hear a ratterly, chomping (like a traction engine) type of noise.

I have just been out with my dad and we both think some of the noise is coming from the centre of the car in the middle - drive shaft?

Guess who I will be phoning on Monday?

Markie
Saturday 15th August 2009, 20:26
Heat shield on the tunnel fo the exhaust, mine was loose, made a right noise

Libra
Saturday 15th August 2009, 20:28
could be that?

Libra
Sunday 16th August 2009, 09:53
You might of hit the nail on the head. Just been out and the head shield has become un-bolted from the car.

Libra
Sunday 16th August 2009, 14:10
I went to a local tyre place and they cut up an old exhaust gasket to use as a washer as the hole was rather large. But anyway, all sorted.

Tomcat
Sunday 16th August 2009, 17:45
Isn't it good when you fear the worst and it ends up costing you pennies to fix???...

thebadger
Monday 17th August 2009, 00:16
Could have been worse, it might have been something dead stuck in there!

Have seen that & would not like to repeat the "clean up" job.

I'm getting a rattle from the rear just now, I'm hoping it's just an exhast bush!

Libra
Monday 17th August 2009, 09:26
I was fearing the worst and I was thinking that Volvo dealership where going to love me.

There was no charge. The mechanic said that he could not charge me for a used exhaust gasket and a few minutes labour. Result.

Storm-Troll
Tuesday 18th August 2009, 00:43
lol i went to Pillings in WGc for a new bolt for my exhaust back box. and they fitted it for me. I timmed them.. it took them 7 mins to fit it and u guessed it...... they charged me £15 for 7 mins work to fit one bolt.......

Libra
Tuesday 18th August 2009, 12:50
Rip off. You probably could have done it cheaper yourself.

Markie
Wednesday 19th August 2009, 19:51
Good to hear its sorted