PDA

View Full Version : XC90 DVD system

VolvoPaws
Friday 14th August 2009, 03:07
Can anyone help with the DVD system for an XC90. I've bought two genuine Volvo headrest screens, but the plugs on the end of the wires seem to be unique (one chocolate block style and one female jack plug). What are they, and where should they go? Do they plug straight into a dvd player, or do I need to do some re-wiring?
I took them into a supposed ICE store, but there was just a lot of head scratching!
Many thanks!

v70torslanda
Saturday 22nd August 2009, 19:32
The system that is built for Volvo is unique AFAIK and is not compatible with any standard system. This is the gospel according to SQ Plus of Manchester.

www.sqplus.com

When I worked for Stratstone in Oldham, they supplied me with DVD/playstation custom installs and even did a forward facing video camera with on dash monitor/built in sat nav for a guy who drove au continent solo. Speak to them about an install for your XC, they were always reasonable and I can't recommend their work highly enough.

HTH

John B

VolvoPaws
Wednesday 26th August 2009, 18:25
Thanks for that John - I'd done some googling but hadn't found them. I'll drop them a line. Thanks again, Gareth.