PDA

View Full Version : S40 clutch

AdyT5
Tuesday 11th August 2009, 11:26
Hi
All
The thrust bearing in the wifes car is squarkin like a parrot according to the mrs opened the bonnet today whilst the engine was running and yep it sure is had a quick look around and i couldnt find the parrot. But found plenty of metal fileings on top of the gearbox. Does anybody know where i can get a cheap'ish 3 in one clutch kit as i kinda had a heart murmer at £100 with vat for the thrust bearing the two plates were £125 with vat un fitted from a motor factor. cheers all Ady

Rufe
Tuesday 11th August 2009, 16:35
theres usually about 30% off retail prices of clutches from us for genuine volvo clutches, making quite a difference, so may be worth a quote if only for a comparison. If you would like a price of a discounted genuine clutch kit, please send me your registration number in a pm and i will do it when next online.

Simon

Rufe
Tuesday 11th August 2009, 16:38
edit

AdyT5
Friday 14th August 2009, 13:37
Thanks
Si
cars being done at the garage now it was £260 3 in one kit all fitted. But after today it's gone up as the shaft sheild is damaged and cost's £35.00 from volvo so a grand total of £295.00 for a clutch fitted.

CONDYBOY
Friday 14th August 2009, 23:38
Not too bad a price for a garage job I got my clutch kit from the local factors for £180. then about 6hours ont the road to fit it.
Glad you got sorted. The thrust bearings are sh** on these cars and they always make some noise after a couple of years. I hate the "centripedal thrust bearing" Oh if they'd only stuck to a conventional fork system, and while I'm whinging why the hell don't all manufacturers use the old vauxhall system with a shaft that can be withdrawn from the clutch plate centre and the clutch can be dropped out of an access slot in the bottom of the bellhousing! God those were great days I changed the clutch on my little Nova in an Hour and no pissing around pulling hubs,driveshafts,gearboxes out of the way. :D:D:D