PDA

View Full Version : Ebay bargain T5 spoiler spotted

Flatout Phil
Sunday 9th August 2009, 20:13
Just spotted a silver 850/V70 rear spoiler For £30 on a BUY IT NOW this seems a good buy: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-VOLVO-V70R-BOOTLID-ROOF-SPOILER-FIT-850-T5-R_W0QQitemZ260459484546QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsP arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3ca4985582&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

cameron
Tuesday 11th August 2009, 10:49
Even better at £24 as thats what it sold for, BARGAIN :B_thumb:

RollingThunder
Tuesday 11th August 2009, 12:48
Strewth. I remember seeing them go for over £100 a year ago.

Flatout Phil
Tuesday 11th August 2009, 15:09
August is always a thinnish time for sellers on Ebay but I agree that prices for spoilers do seem a lot lower. I don't know what anyone else thinks, but I see far fewer 850s around these days than when I first had one four years ago.
Now I am an old Hillman Imp driver - first had one in 1987 (a Californian fastback, then a Super and various others) used to go to the scrappers for spares and have loads to choose from. Also could be fairly certain of seeing another one every so often. Not any more. So the 850, like the 244, 7/900 series is a vanishing species. Feast on a glut of spares whilst you can - I think these days are numbered.

Porcine_Aviator
Tuesday 11th August 2009, 16:04
August is always a thinnish time for sellers on Ebay

Thinnish!! They were bloody anorexic when we gave up selling on there :biggrin:

We noticed that sales dropping and eBay fees going up, I still remember three years ago when they put the fees up by 300% and the Royal Mail put theirs up 50% on the same day. We decided then that we were going to try other sales outlets.

We did and have never looked back.

It's still a good place to get some good deals as prices are dropping all the time.

Mind you there's bloke selling disposable lighters a box of 40 with a starting bid of 99p. His feedback gave the game away, he is selling boxes of matches, and his rating is -2.

The problem is that with all the negative feedback you would think people wouldn't bid, but they were! Some people just don't look at the feedback before they bid.

cherry1809
Tuesday 11th August 2009, 16:14
Hahahaha, They've been watching 'The Real Hustle'
They were also selling them lighters, Along with a box of metal coat hangers, Which turned out to be a box of nails :biggrin: