PDA

View Full Version : car is no more

sauce
Friday 7th August 2009, 16:14
well thats the end ov my t5

while driving home last night a oil pipe from the intercooler split covering the car and road in oil, was doing 50 at the time on daul carriage way.by the time i knew the car had cut out and left me in the middle ov a round about,as a result the engine is now seized so its parked outside ma drive till i can decide what to do.

p fandango
Friday 7th August 2009, 16:21
damn, i've had the same pipe come off on me. But luckily it was as i parked up in a car parked & i noticed the pool of oil underneath

hoep you fix it back up

phil_woods
Friday 7th August 2009, 16:25
never say its no more mate. New engines arent that expensive now and you could salvage most of the ancilaries from the old engine. Look on the up side, with a new engine you may find that the car may possible run better and be faster!

walter leever
Friday 7th August 2009, 18:58
Sorry to hear that,always a shame when one of these cars goes.:cry:

But keep the faith and do like me,put a new engine in(reconditioned)and then you'll be on your way for the next 10 years at least.:smile:

gr,walter

Johnny5
Friday 7th August 2009, 20:42
Get this one cheap for spares for yours! lol

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1994-VOLVO-850-T5-GLE-GREEN_W0QQitemZ150363835319QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAuto mobiles_UK?hash=item2302620bb7&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Tomcat
Friday 7th August 2009, 20:54
Aw mate that's grim, hope you can afford to fix her up again, would be a shame to give in after something like that.

Rhys
Saturday 8th August 2009, 09:42
Last time I was there the place in Scarborough where we bought our car from had 3 T5 engines laying around. They are a T5 dismantler and said most folks are after the little parts like trims etc. They are on fleabay.

sauce
Sunday 9th August 2009, 19:18
managed to get a t5 engine with 140k on the clock . now need to see if i can get it going again.no real facilities doesnt help and work wont let me into the mechanics area anymore so could be fun times ahead.

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 9th August 2009, 21:00
I had the same problem, I was miles away from home, and just gone through Cannock when my oil light came on. I knew straight away what it was, as there aren't that many things that can dump that amount of oil quickly.

Anyway, I managed to get to the nearest petrol station, had a look underneath the bonnet and the bottom oil haose had come off, and dumped almost all the oil. Fortunately the clamp was still attached to the hose. So I purchased a hose clip and a tub of oil and repaired it there and then on the forecourt. It has still got the hose clamp on it now and it happened a year ago. I was very lucky that I knew what it was and caught it in time.

Hope you get it sorted matey

Volvostorm
Tuesday 11th August 2009, 15:29
Anybody got a pic of said pipe? I want to check mine!

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 11th August 2009, 17:27
Its at the bottom left of the radiator (looking from the front of the car), the pipe is about 2.5cm in diameter, you cant miss it. There is one exactly the same at the top left of the radiator (obviously inlet/outlet). They're held on by some crappy metal clamps/clips.

Number 4 for the bottom hose, and 8 for the top hose
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s101/bomb192uk/oilcooling850.jpg