PDA

View Full Version : lost power

wallace570
Tuesday 4th August 2009, 13:43
Right here we go i started my car (c70 t5) one day and managment light came on i lost a bit of power and 3psi of boost, so i took it to a garage to see what was up with it, lambda sensor came up so he cleared it boosting bak at 11psi but stil lost alot of power also it was spluttering and holding back wen changing gear and putting foot right down.
so we got a coil and checked them all one by one nope wasnt the coil.
what would yous recomend checking next could it be the cat?
boost pipes are good cant see any perishing or splits

p fandango
Tuesday 4th August 2009, 17:04
Right here we go i started my car (c70 t5) one day and managment light came on i lost a bit of power and 3psi of boost, so i took it to a garage to see what was up with it, lambda sensor came up so he cleared it boosting bak at 11psi but stil lost alot of power also it was spluttering and holding back wen changing gear and putting foot right down.
so we got a coil and checked them all one by one nope wasnt the coil.
what would yous recomend checking next could it be the cat?
boost pipes are good cant see any perishing or splits
you might just need the ECU reseting mate, i'd double check you've not got a boost leak then remove the ECU overnight. Once you put it back give it some time driving round for it to re-adjust & see how it is, it can take upto 75mile for the ECU to adapt to the engine

wallace570
Sunday 7th February 2010, 14:22
was the air mass took volvo a week to find out :( was a big bill aswel but its al fixed now well 3-4 months ago lol

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 7th February 2010, 17:05
Before I read post 3 I said to myself 'Could be MAF' and sure enough it was.