PDA

View Full Version : Water problem

mel 2079
Monday 3rd August 2009, 17:12
hi,
I am having problems with water in the passenger side footwell...I have checked the heater matrix and the waterways all o.k. but i have recently had problems with the air con...I have had a new compressor fitted and a tank..the air con goes really cold but when it is workigg I am finding water dripping from the area of the fan assembly..
Any advice would be much apprecited.
regards mel

smudgethecat
Monday 3rd August 2009, 18:51
does it only happen when the air con is switched on? if it does perhaps the evap drain is blocked

Pandamedic
Monday 3rd August 2009, 21:57
I had problems with water in my footwell. Had no idea where it was coming from, except dripping under the glove box somewhere, heater matrix was spot on, no leaks or green stuff round the pipes, the evap drains where clear, as where the windscreen drains etc.

I noticed it only really happened when it rained really heavy, and it all started after a couple of weeks of having the screen replaced.

Anyway, thanks to the council i had to have a new screen fitted again 2 months later thanks to them dressing the roads and some knob burning past and kicking stones up which cracked the screen.

had a new screen fitted, by some better people and not had water in the footwell since. The reckon the previous screen fitters did a monkey job of it which is why i was getting water in the footwell.

Have since tested the screen with a fire hose for a stupidly long time and a stupid amount of water later and no water in footweel :wiggle:

So it might be worth getting a hose on the screen and drenching the thing for a while and see what happens

volvoturboman
Tuesday 4th August 2009, 02:29
aybe its the sweat from your passengers as you drive it "Volvo style" LOL.

mel 2079
Tuesday 4th August 2009, 08:15
does it only happen when the air con is switched on? if it does perhaps the evap drain is blocked

thanks very much...not very technically minded...where do I find the drain.?

Porcine_Aviator
Tuesday 4th August 2009, 11:16
I had something like this and I took the car into a garage, they said it was an aircon drain hose that had come loose under the front passenger seat, they reconnected it and solved the problem. Sadly I don't know where the hose runs, but you might like to have a look under the seat.

mel 2079
Tuesday 4th August 2009, 14:29
Thanks very much but the water appears to be dripping off the underside of the blower housing.
regards mel