PDA

View Full Version : SRS Airbag light on!!! I want it off...

wright_t5
Saturday 1st August 2009, 19:04
Hi,

Does anyone know, other than taking the car to Volvo, how you get the SRS Airbag message to go away....

I unplugged the heating controls and moved the car now the dam light is on all the time....

Is there a cheap way of switching it off??

thebadger
Saturday 1st August 2009, 19:07
Well my local indy did it for me! He had he largest code reader I've seen outside of a stealers.

Took it off in 2 mins & didn't charge me as he does all the work on my car that I can't!

AndysR
Saturday 1st August 2009, 19:09
On the earlier cars sometimes just disconnecting the battery for 15 - 20 mins worked. Not sure if this would work on a later car though :(

Wombatbomb
Saturday 1st August 2009, 19:12
On the earlier cars sometimes just disconnecting the battery for 15 - 20 mins worked. Not sure if this would work on a later car though :(

No, won't work on a P2 car.

Some codereaders, the BSR PPC for example, can extinguish it. First rule of working on a P2 car dashboard, disconnect the battery 20 minutes beforehand and don't re-connect it until the whole thing is reassembled.

wright_t5
Saturday 1st August 2009, 20:04
Ahh, trip to Volvo then!! dammit,

Did get a friend to try and get rid of it with a scanner, but it didn't come up on it!!! oh well..

AlanG
Saturday 1st August 2009, 23:34
Check Draper's website mate. Got one for mine that does the service light and the airbag for £35 delivered.

cornclose
Sunday 2nd August 2009, 09:43
Cheaper than going to a stealer usually...

richbentley
Sunday 2nd August 2009, 11:56
i recently had the same problem, it turned out i was too forceful with the driver side seat belt clip and it had broken the sensor inside. i took it to local volvo dealer and he said it was a commonish fault and that they would charge me £100 for the new unit but then told me local garages will do it for around £30, got it done and had no problems since. hope that helps

wright_t5
Saturday 8th August 2009, 16:00
Right,

Update, went to Volvo this morning, charged me £20 to reset the light... great :-)

Then had a funny noise from yesterday, so went investigating.. long story short... turned out to be split in the rubber hose coming off the turbo, (That would have been the drag start from lights beating Audi yesterday!!! )

Right, found some dodgy routing of wire... so disconnected it and re-routed... now the anti-skid light is on,,,,

I guess I need another trip to Volvo!! is there anything you can do to this car without having a light to come on??

Any quick ways to cure this light?

cornclose
Sunday 9th August 2009, 08:23
is there anything you can do to this car without having a light to come on??

First rule of working on a P2 car dashboard, disconnect the battery 20 minutes beforehand and don't re-connect it until the whole thing is reassembled.

As above, applies to lots of things electrical really...

p fandango
Sunday 9th August 2009, 08:30
I guess I need another trip to Volvo!! is there anything you can do to this car without having a light to come on??
basically no, P2 cars are too clever & fussy. I read a story of a race team who brought a S60R to go racing in, after stripping it all out they took it for a quick spin & couldn't get it running right. Turned out the ECU wasn't happy that they hadn't refitted the interior mirror lol