PDA

View Full Version : Whats My 850 T5 Cd Worth?

rich850t5
Tuesday 31st May 2005, 19:13
HI ALL whats she worth? 96n 850 t5 cd in met purple 150000mls auto ok bad bits are a/c not working-drivers heated seat dont heat-oil leak(gets worse when you give it some stick)good bits 9mths mot-9mths tax-5 nearly new tyres-just had stage 0-a few stone chips on bonnet but not to bad-im the third owner,well anymore info needed? cheers chaps and chappesses

Justin
Tuesday 31st May 2005, 21:04
About £1500 quid mate

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 1st June 2005, 08:51
About £1500 quid mate

^^^^ What he said unfortunately! £1500 - £2000

x

lance
Wednesday 1st June 2005, 10:43
If you get all the bits sorted could be worth a bit more , but it would probably cost you £500+ to add £500 quid value. ( If you use a garage) Unfortunatly auto saloons are the least popular model, Although CD spec aids the desirabilty having things that dont work and an oil leak wont!

nikgallagher
Wednesday 1st June 2005, 12:53
...auto saloons are the least popular model...

:( ..

Dad Racer
Wednesday 1st June 2005, 16:48
Hey guys, I am in a bit of a dilemma.

I have a 96N manual CD Estate in metallic gun-metal grey with 115k on the clock. It's in immaculate condition (apart from the odd stone chip on the front of the bonnet), full volvo service history, all the extras - 6cd changer etc, etc, but I am looking to upgrade(?) to a V70 R AWD.

Firstly, is this a good thing? I recently drove a 265bhp model, but it was auto! As you can probably guess, i was left feeling completely under-whelmed! Please tell me that a manual will be better!

Secondly, what is the T5 worth? I have seen prices range from £2-5000.

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 1st June 2005, 16:53
Hey guys, I am in a bit of a dilemma.

I have a 96N manual CD Estate in metallic gun-metal grey with 115k on the clock. It's in immaculate condition (apart from the odd stone chip on the front of the bonnet), full volvo service history, all the extras - 6cd changer etc, etc, but I am looking to upgrade(?) to a V70 R AWD.

Firstly, is this a good thing? I recently drove a 265bhp model, but it was auto! As you can probably guess, i was left feeling completely under-whelmed! Please tell me that a manual will be better!

Secondly, what is the T5 worth? I have seen prices range from £2-5000.

Why is it an AWD specifically that you are after? Is it a P2 or P1 V70 that you are looking for ( the P1 AWD systems are reported to be power zapping heavy old beast's, however, having never driven one I cannot be sure)

For the T5 if you are seriously looking to sell you will have to be realistic with the price - 3.5k shuld be about right with the mileage and spec and if it is a good example.

x

mraldonnelly
Wednesday 1st June 2005, 17:32
I think the 265bhp AWD is the P2 model. Could be wrong though.

Also, the fact that the auto suggests it's geartronic.

Father-in-law's just got a brand new V70 T5. 260 bhp but it's geartronic and is a real bag of poo!

Regards

Andy

Dad Racer
Wednesday 1st June 2005, 18:02
Thanks for the replies - £3.5k is about where i was aiming - so thank you.

As for the R AWD and not the R - not sure exactly. Maybe its the prospect of having better road manners?! We spend alot of time driving through the Alps during the winter and even with snow tires fitted, i have to fit snow chains (sometimes to all 4 wheels!), where other mere mortal cars get away without.

I was not aware of the differences between the specific models. I asumed that it was just the gearbox that was different. What year is the changeover from P1-P2?

I like the look of the V70R - alot! But is the R AWD the step up that I am hoping for? Maybe I should go for the R, or should I stick with the T5? I guess that i am a frustrated father of 2 who cant afford an Audi RS6.

Some advice would be greatly appreciated.

BlackBeast
Thursday 2nd June 2005, 01:52
I drive a Volvo V70 phase 1 every spring time in the alps (italy), its a phase 2 2.4 T auto, no problems in the snow with only snow chains on the fronts. So it might be better to get an auto box over a manual!?!

mraldonnelly
Thursday 2nd June 2005, 09:23
I'm fairly sure there's some sort of issue with AWD and snow chains.

It may just be the earlier models but I seem to recall that you either can't fit snow chains or you need special chains suited specifically to the AWD model.

Regards

Andy

Matt30462
Thursday 2nd June 2005, 18:56
Whats My 850 T5 Cd Worth?

Depends what it is. I would probably give you upto £5.00 for a good copy of " The Joshua Tree" by U2, however if your CD is Steps or One Voice or such like then not worth very much at all.