PDA

View Full Version : ptc removal

HADI
Saturday 1st August 2009, 15:37
located this ptc at the bottom of air intake hose, got the plug off and the hoses attached but cant get it off the air intake, dont want to just yank it off, is there a way of getting it out safely ?

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 1st August 2009, 16:35
Are you on about the valve on the PCV system?

If so, its held in by a rubber bung. just spray it with WD40, and work it around to get one corner out and the rest should follow, the rubber bung should come out with it.

If its not, then what are you on about?

HADI
Saturday 1st August 2009, 16:42
Are you on about the valve on the PCV system?

If so, its held in by a rubber bung. just spray it with WD40, and work it around to get one corner out and the rest should follow, the rubber bung should come out with it.

If its not, then what are you on about?

yeah thats the chappie got it out ta

orse
Saturday 1st August 2009, 18:24
what is this ptc?Recently had my intake pipe and the ptc to de gunk it all but i dont know what this does or is?To be honest its been bugging me ever since.lol

HADI
Saturday 1st August 2009, 19:02
what is this ptc?Recently had my intake pipe and the ptc to de gunk it all but i dont know what this does or is?To be honest its been bugging me ever since.lol

something to do with getting rid of crankcase gases i think, if this is blocked cleaning out pcv system wont stop the smoke coming out dipstick, as there is still a blockage at this valve.