PDA

View Full Version : Volvo T5-R buying guide !

Murphy
Friday 19th November 2004, 17:33
My mate is looking to purchase a T5-R and i wanted to collate as much information as possible to help him out as he is a bit of a novice. has anyone got the standard spec list for one ?!?!

In addition anyone got idea's of the true market values of these cars ?

sean850r
Friday 19th November 2004, 20:46
i was in your mates shoes 2 months ago. varies greatly.

must say that from a car dealer with 80-100k 850R's are going for about £7k. But these should be excellent on 1996 plates. Can get an 850r in good nick for £6k.

Check out PGI in Farnham they have a red auto with 100k for 7k, and a grey with 92k for 7k. both have warranty and look pretty tasty

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 20th November 2004, 16:00
If your mates wants a personal hand in looking at one then I am happy to help. I don't have a lot on a the moment (I mean calendar wise :eek: )

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 20th November 2004, 16:02
Shoud be able to get a good one for about 5K

Adam at Volvotuning is selling his 854R Manual. 113K on the clock and no expense spared

Bracer
Monday 22nd November 2004, 09:55
Just missed that cracker on ebay :eek: :cry:

wellsy
Tuesday 23rd November 2004, 13:04
i nearly got the bargain of the century a few weeks ago a lad in my town had a mint 850r estate a 96 p with 130k on the clock full history. he lost his license and was selling the car i told i wanted it and would get him a deposit on returning to give him the cash he told me his dad had just taken some money on it .i was gutted i still see it driving round town now and cant bare to look at it .i dont think either the prvious owner or the new one realise how scarce these cars are.
the price he sold it for was £3000 and part ex and old diesel peugeot 405 worth about £50.
i approached him and offered 4k but he wouldnt go back on the deposit he was given .

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 23rd November 2004, 13:14
i nearly got the bargain of the century a few weeks ago a lad in my town had a mint 850r estate a 96 p with 130k on the clock full history. he lost his license and was selling the car i told i wanted it and would get him a deposit on returning to give him the cash he told me his dad had just taken some money on it .i was gutted i still see it driving round town now and cant bare to look at it .i dont think either the prvious owner or the new one realise how scarce these cars are.
the price he sold it for was £3000 and part ex and old diesel peugeot 405 worth about £50.
i approached him and offered 4k but he wouldnt go back on the deposit he was given .

DAMN!!! Excellent car for that sort of money! What colour was it?

x

Bracer
Tuesday 23rd November 2004, 13:32
DAMN!!! Excellent car for that sort of money! What colour was it?

x

At that price does it matter :hidesbehi :remybussi

wellsy
Tuesday 23rd November 2004, 18:11
it was red with the black wheels i think it came from formula cars in wellington.
im waiting to see the new owner out and about to let him know where to come when he's fed up with it.

Bracer
Wednesday 24th November 2004, 08:51
it was red with the black wheels i think it came from formula cars in wellington.
im waiting to see the new owner out and about to let him know where to come when he's fed up with it.

Let him know about us full stop, a wealth of knowledge resides within this forum and its always handy to be apart of a team like that.

Remember its T5-Team

:wink:

Murphy
Friday 26th November 2004, 10:35
Just found a bit of spec that finally sorted a few issues out for me. The differences between an R and a T5-R

The road car development has been made in parallel with the race programme. The 220bhp T-5 850 started the evolution, which was to be surpassed by the T-5R special edition which had alloy wheels styled along the same lines as a rim used in the BTCC programme by Volvo. The lurid yellow of this car with 240bhp output put most cars to shame in performance and equipment. The current top-line road car from the same heritage is the 850R - with a full 250bhp in manual gearbox versions, incorporating a viscous limited-slip differential to further improve traction. The safety and practicality characterised by pre-850 Volvos are still vitally important, but now there is so much more as well.