PDA

View Full Version : Volvo The Game

Porcine_Aviator
Friday 31st July 2009, 20:37
How do you fancy playing with a S60 Concept car? Not for real but a game you can download onto your PC from the Volvo.com website?

Clicks be here please:bounce: (http://www.volvocars.com/intl/All-Cars-MY09/conceptcars/Pages/S60concept.aspx)

There's a load screen and then you get to the page where you can download the game.

Before you download it make sure your PC will run it., it's a 570mg download and it needs 1 gig of hard drive space.

I ran a virus check on it and it's clean, but then I would hope it is coming from Volvo's website.

I'm off to try it out.:eclipsee_

Have fun.

Porcine_Aviator
Friday 31st July 2009, 21:14
I've just had a great time driving a TWR 850 around Gothenburg, well driving into armco, turning her over. And going the wrong way around the circuit and getting told off by the voice over.

But you get the chance to pick your car, and two circuits to drive on, it's fun if you like driving games.

AlanG
Friday 31st July 2009, 21:39
Ya big kid!!!

Porcine_Aviator
Friday 31st July 2009, 21:46
Yep that's me:eclipsee_:bounce:
I can crash into stuff at high speed and live to tell the tail. My daughter has just said "I'm glad you don't drive like that in real life or I don't think I would be around."

p fandango
Friday 31st July 2009, 23:15
neither of my computers will play the game :brokenhea

Tomcat
Friday 31st July 2009, 23:30
Ditto...mine won't either!!

AlanG
Friday 31st July 2009, 23:36
Needs vast amount of RAM. Mine is 1GB and not enough. To run it properly and support everything else you have,I would suggest 4GB......

Storm-Troll
Saturday 1st August 2009, 01:55
My 3Gb ran it no prob on me lil lappytop... good game good game in the words of the great
Bruce Forsyth lmao..!!!!

Porcine_Aviator
Saturday 1st August 2009, 09:18
neither of my computers will play the game :brokenhea

Ditto...mine won't either!!

Sorry to hear that both, I've been having fun doing timed laps, so that I get to know the tracks and then I'm going to play with the big boys.

There's a section that asks you to log in, I don't know if that means you get to play online against other kids, I'll have to look into it. But not until I can get my lap times down, and I stop crashing into the armco.:B_steerin:comp:

Mrs P.A. says that this machine, which is the one I'm playing it on only has 2 gig and she would know she built it.

She built a new one for the offspring last week, massive gaming machine with a huge cooling fan on the front. Bloody thing takes three quarters of a kilowatt of power to run it. Four cores each running 3.2 gigahertz, 4 megs of RAM, graphics card is a 1gig Radion Crossfire inside it looks like this
http://www.web-photos.co.uk/bgm1.jpg
http://www.web-photos.co.uk/bgm2.jpg

The second picture shows the 4gigs of RAM.

The copper pipework is for the refrigeration unit to keep it cool, so she's not going to need any heating in her room when she goes back to uni next month.

Don't know if I mentioned it before but she's doing a degree in Computer Game Design so she needs a big machine to do the work on.

DELL were quoting us £4000 to build a machine like this, Mrs P.A. built it for £657 so it yet another Bruce Forsyth catchphrase "Didn't she do well"?

p fandango
Saturday 1st August 2009, 10:00
She built a new one for the offspring last week, massive gaming machine with a huge cooling fan on the front. Bloody thing takes three quarters of a kilowatt of power to run it. Four cores each running 3.2 gigahertz, 4 megs of RAM, graphics card is a 1gig Radion Crossfire inside it looks like this
http://www.web-photos.co.uk/bgm1.jpg
http://www.web-photos.co.uk/bgm2.jpg

The second picture shows the 4gigs of RAM.
looks very impressive mate, bth the description might as well of been written in French for what it means to me (it was English!! lol). As you can guess i don't know a thing about computers

The copper pipework is for the refrigeration unit to keep it cool, so she's not going to need any heating in her room when she goes back to uni next month.
i've got a refrigerated glovebox, not sure how they compare lol

Porcine_Aviator
Saturday 1st August 2009, 12:16
looks very impressive mate, bth the description might as well of been written in French for what it means to me (it was English!! lol). As you can guess i don't know a thing about computers

i've got a refrigerated glovebox, not sure how they compare lol

I've got to --- I've got to I can't stop myself :dgrin:
Elle a établi un neuf pour la progéniture la semaine dernière, machine massive de jeu avec un ventilateur énorme sur l'avant. La chose sanglante prend trois quarts d'un kilowatt de puissance de le courir. Quatre noyaux chaque 3.2 gigahertz courant, 4 mégabytes de RAM, carte graphique est un courant perturbateur de 1gig Radion à l'intérieur qu'il ressemble à ceci La deuxième image montre le 4gigs du RAM. La canalisation de cuivre est pour que l'unité de réfrigération la maintienne fraîche, ainsi she' ; s n'allant pas avoir besoin de tout chauffage dans sa chambre quand elle retourne uni à le mois prochain. Don' ; t savent si je mentionnais lui avant mais she' ; s faisant un degré dans la conception ainsi elle de jeu d'ordinateur a besoin d'une grande machine pour effectuer le travail dessus. DELL nous citaient £4000 pour construire une machine comme ceci, Mme P.A. l'a construit pour £657 ainsi il encore un autre " d'accroche de Bruce Forsyth ; Didn' ; t elle font le well" ; ?

There you go total incomprehensible :D

p fandango
Saturday 1st August 2009, 13:06
I've got to --- I've got to I can't stop myself :dgrin:
Elle a établi un neuf pour la progéniture la semaine dernière, machine massive de jeu avec un ventilateur énorme sur l'avant. La chose sanglante prend trois quarts d'un kilowatt de puissance de le courir. Quatre noyaux chaque 3.2 gigahertz courant, 4 mégabytes de RAM, carte graphique est un courant perturbateur de 1gig Radion à l'intérieur qu'il ressemble à ceci La deuxième image montre le 4gigs du RAM. La canalisation de cuivre est pour que l'unité de réfrigération la maintienne fraîche, ainsi she' ; s n'allant pas avoir besoin de tout chauffage dans sa chambre quand elle retourne uni à le mois prochain. Don' ; t savent si je mentionnais lui avant mais she' ; s faisant un degré dans la conception ainsi elle de jeu d'ordinateur a besoin d'une grande machine pour effectuer le travail dessus. DELL nous citaient £4000 pour construire une machine comme ceci, Mme P.A. l'a construit pour £657 ainsi il encore un autre " d'accroche de Bruce Forsyth ; Didn' ; t elle font le well" ; ?

There you go total incomprehensible :D
nope sorry, that & computer speak look exactly the same to me lol

Porcine_Aviator
Saturday 1st August 2009, 13:10
Well it was worth a try:duck::haha::wavey:

Porcine_Aviator
Saturday 1st August 2009, 14:49
Fastest timed lap 59.36seconds, but I'm getting destroyed in the race, the sods keep hitting me and turning me over.:bounce:

p fandango
Saturday 1st August 2009, 14:51
but I'm getting destroyed in the race, the sods keep hitting me and turning me over.:bounce:
just like real BTCC racing then lol

Libra
Saturday 1st August 2009, 20:23
My computer could play it, if the game was available for us Apple Mac users.

I downloaded it onto my dads PC (what a horrible experience that was) just to play the game. Its not a bad game, just very basic.

Porcine_Aviator
Saturday 1st August 2009, 21:08
Yep it's basic but fun. The crowd are a bit wooden though and there's no fires when you have a really bad smash.

I was watching a replay of me doing a lap and I could have sworn that I looked like The Stig! All in white with a black visor.