PDA

View Full Version : FFM's Dyno Result

PaulZX
Thursday 30th July 2009, 17:35
Before I start, I'd just like to say that the dyno run I had done at high tech, or as he's known in the trade, dial-a-dyno mick, was more than likely way out... as an example of how far out he has been proven to be, he once was given a stock cavvy sri 150, just for a power run. The car came back at 223bhp!!

So the 291 I claimed before I'm officially un-claiming it, and putting it down to experience :(

Anyway, today I was at HLM tuning in Bromsgrove again, with the few bits back on that I had to do to get the fuelling back into line. They also did a smoke test to check for boost leaks. Lots of leaks at first, but all sorted in the end.

Running at 1.2 bar, she hit 252.21 bhp at the wheels, which, after transmission losses came out to 274.74 bhp at the fly. It's the torque figures I'm most pleased about. She hit 435.84 NM, which comes out at 321.5 lb-ft, which is an impressive 135 NM, or 100lb-ft over standard.

And yes, she's over-fuelling a bit, but without the control a remap would give me, it's gonna be a bit out, and at least she aint running lean.

I wanna say a great big thanks to Hamish, and his lads, he just wouldn't let it lie until it came out right. Top bloke, reccomended to anyone. Except those who break down in Southampton lmao...

http://i25.tinypic.com/2q081tt.jpg

p fandango
Thursday 30th July 2009, 18:29
i was expecting you to break the 300bhp mark, not lose 20bhp lol

you still giving it a run over the weekend?

shaun850
Thursday 30th July 2009, 18:48
Over-fuelling abit!!

That is way to rich FFM and that's why you are down on power.

10 AFR is not good mate - bore wash territory.

You need a decent tune/map and you will see alot more power.

Mine made 292 at powerstation and 296 at ajec on more than one occasion all be it run close on the afr's.. (12.00) running a 15g - 340ftlb.

Get a good map and you wont look back.

Im very suprised its running that rich without a map at 1.2 bar tbh.

PS I seen you a month back in brum.. sounded V nice :)

paulsimon
Thursday 30th July 2009, 18:53
Before I start, I'd just like to say that the dyno run I had done at high tech, or as he's known in the trade, dial-a-dyno mick, was more than likely way out... as an example of how far out he has been proven to be, he once was given a stock cavvy sri 150, just for a power run. The car came back at 223bhp!!

So the 291 I claimed before I'm officially un-claiming it, and putting it down to experience :(

Anyway, today I was at HLM tuning in Bromsgrove again, with the few bits back on that I had to do to get the fuelling back into line. They also did a smoke test to check for boost leaks. Lots of leaks at first, but all sorted in the end.

Running at 1.2 bar, she hit 252.21 bhp at the wheels, which, after transmission losses came out to 274.74 bhp at the fly. It's the torque figures I'm most pleased about. She hit 435.84 NM, which comes out at 321.5 lb-ft, which is an impressive 135 NM, or 100lb-ft over standard.

And yes, she's over-fuelling a bit, but without the control a remap would give me, it's gonna be a bit out, and at least she aint running lean.

I wanna say a great big thanks to Hamish, and his lads, he just wouldn't let it lie until it came out right. Top bloke, reccomended to anyone. Except those who break down in Southampton lmao...

Good figures FFM

Yep, top people at HLM, very friendly and welcoming.

I'm well happy with the results from my visit today as well.
199BHP at the wheels with remap and filter. Increase of 49BHP.
Torque is 312.43NM, increase of 73NM.

You managed to get this post up an hour before I even got in. Good talking to you.

Simon

S70T5Chris
Thursday 30th July 2009, 19:23

You'd better prey you never meet me.

shaun850
Thursday 30th July 2009, 19:35
Wonderd what the southampton bit was about.... ouch!

t5 pete
Thursday 30th July 2009, 19:37
Hand bags at 12.00

Chad
Thursday 30th July 2009, 19:55
that **** about southampton was below the belt i thinks............

PaulZX
Thursday 30th July 2009, 20:31
I was having the crack, I read the thread about the "incident" only yesterday, I'm not taking sides, it was meant as a friendly poke in the ribs, nothing more... sorry if you took it the wrong way, honestly.

BruceT
Thursday 30th July 2009, 21:02
How rich is that car running?! It goes so rich the machine bottoms out.

Hamish didnt mention its running stupidly rich?

It COULD be running that rich as the engine is trying to protect itself? Unsure if motronic 4.3/4.4 is clever enough to do that? I know ME7 can and does.

Alan M
Thursday 30th July 2009, 21:08
Are you running green injectors Paul?

PaulZX
Thursday 30th July 2009, 21:25
Are you running green injectors Paul?
no mate, that's with the standard oranges...

How rich is that car running?! It goes so rich the machine bottoms out.

Hamish didnt mention its running stupidly rich?

It COULD be running that rich as the engine is trying to protect itself? Unsure if motronic 4.3/4.4 is clever enough to do that? I know ME7 can and does.

hamish did notice that was running rich, and the conclusion was that a remap would fix it, and as to why it was running that rich, no real idea, we thought it was the FSE boost valve that I fitted but I replaced the standard one aand while that stopped it running lean, it hasn't stopped the richness. No codes were coming up, the engine management light is still off.

TBH, I'll probably get a remap now, coz it won't run like this forever, but at least I found out how far it could be pushed, which was what i said I was going to do before I got a map, from the very beginning.

BruceT
Thursday 30th July 2009, 21:52
Pretty good going on Orange injectors, have they been cleaned then or not?

I'd guess you'd go custom mapping, Paul?

PaulZX
Thursday 30th July 2009, 21:58
Pretty good going on Orange injectors, have they been cleaned then or not?

I'd guess you'd go custom mapping, Paul?

yeah I think custom map is the way to go with this lump, the way things are going, but like with these mods, I'll take advice from a few angles when the time's right, and decide from there...

Tim Williams
Friday 31st July 2009, 07:43
If you have an FSE fuel pressure regulator have you got a raising rate one, IE 1.7-1 instead of 1-1? If so that will contribute to the problem. If you have a 1-1 then you probably have the pressure set more than 3 Bar. Your still injecting a very lot of fuel over 4.5k for Orange injectors so from that I would guess you have higher than standard fuel pressure.

irf
Friday 31st July 2009, 08:05
With the comment about southampton and the assumption that you'll be getting hlm to do a custom map for you i wish you the best of luck.

p fandango
Friday 31st July 2009, 08:18
With the comment about southampton and the assumption that you'll be getting hlm to do a custom map for you i wish you the best of luck.
at the last count he was going TT, altho thats just as "dangerous" apparantly lol

irf
Friday 31st July 2009, 08:44
at the last count he was going TT, altho thats just as "dangerous" apparantly lol

probably the best option, although not idiot proof apparently a lot easier to set up. I know two people with it mapped by the same person, seemed to be lapping the nurburgring okay with it. When i say okay i mean get out of the way porsche gt3 okay lol.

p fandango
Friday 31st July 2009, 08:59
nothings ever iddiot prove