PDA

View Full Version : c70 problems

bigupmat
Wednesday 29th July 2009, 15:40
Hi Guys i have just bought myself a new c70 t5 gt coupe so thought i would come and join the rest of you. now only had the car a few days and already experiencing some problems, electric seats work but cant tilt forward, speedo stops working when you engage cruise control and have a loud intermittent whistling noise from the engine bay, any help would be appreciated.

Liddo
Thursday 30th July 2009, 13:16
Hi Guys i have just bought myself a new c70 t5 gt coupe so thought i would come and join the rest of you. now only had the car a few days and already experiencing some problems, electric seats work but cant tilt forward, speedo stops working when you engage cruise control and have a loud intermittent whistling noise from the engine bay, any help would be appreciated.

Suprised no ones replied to this. Try a post in the 70 section too.

Does the seat tilt forward, but it doesnt electrically move?? This is a VERY common fault, and its either a cable, that runs from the lever to a micro switch, OR, the micro switch itself, below the seat at the back.

Speedo??? Loose connection??? Never heard of the speedo not working

Whistle.....Possible a split in a boost pipe from the turbo, or the turbo itself. I presume it hasnt been modded, i.e DV or Induction Kit???

Hope you've not bought a dog :( Ive had 3 C70's and nearly all had one fault or another.

siamblue
Thursday 30th July 2009, 13:31
HI the Speedo will be the ABS ecu, does the ABS light come on? the whistle will be a split or loose boost hose,

Gary

PS WHat year is your car?