PDA

View Full Version : Oh no, now what have I done.

Dangerous Dave
Monday 27th July 2009, 21:56
OK, so today I went to my local breakers yard and picked up some injector seals as mine were buggered, and after the rain stopped this afternoon I took the fuel rail off and cleaned up the injector ends and then the ports in the manifold. Then I fitted the seals to the injectors, lubed them up with a bit of vaseline and pushed them in. Also I fitted those larger blue seals (or dust covers, whatever they are).

Then I backed off the MBC as I'd upped it when the boost was low. I then pressurised the system to check for leaks, and the only one was the small drain hole on the bottom of the intercooler (great methinks).

Now the boost is higher than it was before, but now I'm getting a slight hesitation in second gear somewhere between 3500 and 4000rpm. Its not a fuel cut as its not as harsh as that, but it wasn't doing it before.

Any ideas on what to check? Could it be the MAF? It has been thrown around a bit, but I've got no lambda light on, and its really the only thing that was taken off apart from the injectors. I haven't had a look as its dark, and I've been shopping all night. So will see tomorrow if its not bloody raining again.