PDA

View Full Version : Turbo silicone hose kit - easy & strightforward to fit?

Nico20V
Monday 27th July 2009, 08:42
Managed to pick one up for 70 quid, now am I guna find I it's not just simply a case of swopping the hoses? I'm guna get under and look, just inviting anyone with any tips to fore warn me pls. Thanks

thebadger
Monday 27th July 2009, 09:17
Buy a decent hose clip driver. About £6 from halfrauds, cheaper online. Saves you a lot of hassle & shredded srew slots!

Nico20V
Monday 27th July 2009, 12:42
Hi Badger. One like this.. ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rolson-Hose-Clip-Driver-With-Flexible-Shaft_W0QQitemZ150361335639QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_H and_Tools_Equipment?hash=item23023be757&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A2136%7C 293%3A1%7C294%3A50

I thought hose clips were just a flat head. To that end I would have expected a flat bit in a small ratchet would do the job?

I don't have to take any other parts off to replace the hoses do you know? cheers

Filterlab
Monday 27th July 2009, 12:50
I thought hose clips were just a flat head. To that end I would have expected a flat bit in a small ratchet would do the job?

They are, but a bolt head is a much more reliable way to transfer torque than a screw head.

I don't have to take any other parts off to replace the hoses do you know? cheers

You may have to shuffle a few parts around to reach a couple of the hoses, but nothing too dramatic.

Rob S
Monday 27th July 2009, 14:15
Managed to pick one up for 70 quid, now am I guna find I it's not just simply a case of swopping the hoses? I'm guna get under and look, just inviting anyone with any tips to fore warn me pls. Thanks

Blimey thats cheap, where from mate?

Filterlab
Monday 27th July 2009, 14:17
I got 4mm and 6mm (3m of each) overbraided fuel hose to do the job for £24.

Nico20V
Monday 27th July 2009, 17:29
Hi Rob S. They're Int'ebay, but I should add there's another 20 quid postage. If you bid $115 you'll get em, but it might take em 4 days to accept. Through paypal ex-rate is 1.6 which is reasonable enough.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Silicone-Turbo-Boost-Kit-Volvo-850-S70-V70-T5-Silicon_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZQ7c293Q3a1Q7c2 94Q3a30QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14Q2el1262QQhashZit em4396b5973dQQitemZ290291291965QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5 fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

TBH, I've been told they really don't make much difference at all over stock ones, so I prob would not have gone for the extra expense of getting silicone ones in retrospect, even though these do workout 30 quid cheaper even with postage, than by buying over here

Rob / filterlab. I was just reading your other thread, as it did strike me that the smaller hoses of which there are many, might be best replaced whilst I'm going to the trouble and expense of doing the turbo ones. Mines done 165K and the ones on the solenoid by the MAF were getting a bit britle so I dare say others are too, but I'm not too clear one which I should pay more attention too. Do take pics and list any you do please.

Filterlab
Monday 27th July 2009, 18:23
Rob / filterlab. I was just reading your other thread, as it did strike me that the smaller hoses of which there are many, might be best replaced whilst I'm going to the trouble and expense of doing the turbo ones. Mines done 165K and the ones on the solenoid by the MAF were getting a bit britle so I dare say others are too, but I'm not too clear one which I should pay more attention too. Do take pics and list any you do please.

Will do. I've only done two this evening, as time is against me, which are the BCS to wastegate actuator and BCS to MAF (or just off it on the intake pipe). If I have a chance I'll do the others tomorrow and grab a few shots at the same time.

My actuator one was completely broken so goodness knows how my car hasn't been overboosting. The others are all in good condition actually, better than I expected given the actuator hose, but I will change them all.

There may be a delay before I complete the job however as my up and coming wedding / stag do / flights to Africa and back etc etc are limiting my time, however I'll do a full write up at the end. :)