PDA

View Full Version : 0.8 bar and That is it. :(

ANDYRACER
Saturday 25th July 2009, 19:43
Just a quick one guys, my 850R wont seem to boost over 0.8bar on the MBC with it wound pritty much all the way out, ive tightened the actuator arm like suggested which made a slight improvement.

Ive now though borrowed a 304 mapped ecu but still have the MBC fitted, and again it still will only go to 0.8 bar and doesnt even boost off the standard gauge white bit.
Could the MBC be stopping the mapped ecu boosting to its full potentional?

Any ideas?

Rob_ioClean
Saturday 25th July 2009, 19:47
Check all your boost hoses, Have you done a stage zero on the car?

p fandango
Saturday 25th July 2009, 19:47
my guess is your using an R-spec MBC, there seems to be a problem with the latest lot & the internal spring is too weak & won't boost high enough.

you could do like Alan G & put the MBC inline with the BCS but personally i'd get another MBC

ANDYRACER
Saturday 25th July 2009, 19:49
Its a purple version of the R-spec jobbie, would explain a few things tbh.

Will take the MBC off tomorrow and re-plumb the bcs in.

p fandango
Saturday 25th July 2009, 19:52
Its a purple version of the R-spec jobbie, would explain a few things tbh.

Will take the MBC off tomorrow and re-plumb the bcs in.
am i good or what lol, its a shame R-spec must have changed them there were one of the better ones before hand

AlanG
Saturday 25th July 2009, 20:10
Mine's BRILLIANT!!.............could banana my rods anytime I choose!

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 25th July 2009, 20:44
Check the one way valve just next to the fan relays (to the right of them under the intercooler top hose). I've just looked at mine and the diaphragm in it is split, thus letting some of the pressure out. So I've bunged it up until I can get a new one.

Or do what I did and undo the intake pipe just after the MAF, gaffa tape a short length of hose pipe onto it, and blow into it. Its not a lot of pressure, but might expose some leaks. I had a CBV that was letting out loads of air, and my injector seals are knackered.