PDA

View Full Version : 262C on Telly

AlanG
Saturday 25th July 2009, 18:01
Used Car Roadshow on ITV4+1 at 6.30 are featuring a 262c. Just caught the end of the article so will catch it later. Jason Dawe reckons it was about twice the price of a 264 at that time (1981 W) at £3000 odd!! Is he on drugs?? At that time a Mk1 Cavalier 2000GLS saloon was just less than £6K!! Maybe I should write in and win £5............:cuckoo:

volvoturboman
Saturday 25th July 2009, 18:12
Must get a looky see at that. Do you know that the 262 is one of Jezza's all time wors cars.

AlanG
Saturday 25th July 2009, 18:16
Must get a looky see at that. Do you know that the 262 is one of Jezza's all time wors cars.

Well what can you say of someone who............................................... .................................................. ....................................pauses in the middle of his sentences and has a perm!!!!!!! Well,what's left of one.:haha:

volvoturboman
Saturday 25th July 2009, 18:21
Well what can you say of someone who............................................... .................................................. ....................................pauses in the middle of his sentences and has a perm!!!!!!! Well,what's left of one.:haha:

LOL, there as rare as hens teeth in NI, I looked at one once and it was £3000 and needed a little bit of work. So very pricey.

AlanG
Saturday 25th July 2009, 18:23
Can't remember the last time I saw one........think it was in a book!! £6k for the best of them,he reckons. Not sure when it was filmed though,prob at least 2 years ago.

p fandango
Saturday 25th July 2009, 18:30
i don't think theirs a single presenter on the used car roadshow i can stand tbh

AlanG
Saturday 25th July 2009, 18:31
i don't think theirs a single presenter on the used car roadshow i can stand tbh

No arguments there.........

AlanG
Saturday 25th July 2009, 18:36
Well if you've got Sky.............yer ££££ed. Not repeating it for "legal" reasons........:wtf::pants:.......

volvoturboman
Saturday 25th July 2009, 19:10
Well if you've got Sky.............yer ££££ed. Not repeating it for "legal" reasons........:wtf::pants:.......

Eh, I was just about to go and put it on. What the hell leagal reasons could there be?????????????

AlanG
Saturday 25th July 2009, 19:24
Eh, I was just about to go and put it on. What the hell leagal reasons could there be?????????????

££££ed if I know mate.........Bein' zero budget tv,you can rest assured that it'll be repeated sometime this week though so no real loss......

Libra
Saturday 25th July 2009, 19:34
I watched that. I have never even heard or more to the point seen one. Rare cars. Looked in great condition though.

AlanG
Saturday 25th July 2009, 19:58
Don't think they came here in any great number tbh. Have only ever seen a couple.

volvoturboman
Saturday 25th July 2009, 20:18
I never watch TV so if you see when its on again let me know. They only brought 20 or so to all of Ireland.

AlanG
Saturday 25th July 2009, 20:22
I never watch TV so if you see when its on again let me know. They only brought 20 or so to all of Ireland.

Think you greedy buggers must have kept them. Had to climb over a forest of 4 leaved clovers to see the last one and skidded on a rocking horse sh*t on my way before landing on my backside with a hen's tooth puncturing my left buttock!!

volvoturboman
Saturday 25th July 2009, 20:27
Think you greedy buggers must have kept them. Had to climb over a forest of 4 leaved clovers to see the last one and skidded on a rocking horse sh*t on my way before landing on my backside with a hen's tooth puncturing my left buttock!!

LOL,only in Ireland. I know 2 people who had them here. One guy in my home city, Londonderry and a Volvo dealer (who has since passed) outside of Antrim near our main airport. Both were silver with black vynal roofs and black leather interior. It was Sam Mccourt the dealer who had the one for sale I looked at. I believe there was also a 242, it didn't have the vynal roof.

AlanG
Saturday 25th July 2009, 20:30
LOL,only in Ireland. I know 2 people who had them here. One guy in my home city, Londonderry and a Volvo dealer (who has since passed) outside of Antrim near our main airport. Both were silver with black vynal roofs and black leather interior. It was Sam Mccourt the dealer who had the one for sale I looked at. I believe there was also a 242, it didn't have the vynal roof.

One on the box tonight didn't have the vinyl top and was supposed to be a 262. Thought they all had them. Maybe the owner could see into the future and had it taken off. There was a 242 but don't think they came here.

volvoturboman
Saturday 25th July 2009, 20:36
I'm not sure about the 242, you could be right as I've only ever seen them on the net. TBH I'd have rather had the later 240 Turbo.

AlanG
Saturday 25th July 2009, 20:48
I'm not sure about the 242, you could be right as I've only ever seen them on the net. TBH I'd have rather had the later 240 Turbo.

OR A TYRE-SMOKIN' TUNED 850 T5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!:bow_kneel:uglyhamme

volvoturboman
Sunday 26th July 2009, 02:45
Absolutely mate, that'd be even better.